Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 26th September 2005, 15:40   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Smile strut braces

heloo everyone

i'm a new kid in TEAM-BHP, i dont know wat dis strut braces are... it would be kind if any1 cud tell me wat it is.......

i also own a esteem 96 model..... its fitted wit lpg, i want to have side skirts fitted on it but its very costly (20,000 in mangalore). is der any other place i can get for cheaper rates... and want 2 know abt these k&n filters.. its price, the model suited for my car and wer it is available... it would be kind if u all cud help me on dis...

xtreme aaron

Last edited by xtreme aaron : 26th September 2005 at 15:41.
xtreme aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 15:42   #2
BHPian

hey xtreme aaron,

welcome dude
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 15:56   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

welcome to tbhp buddy..as far as ur enquires are concerned just use the search function and ul find a lot of info on strut braces,filters etc etc..bcoz even if u start a new thread the mods may probably just end up merging it with another..so just look around and ul find the stuff u need in the mods & accessories section..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 17:12   #4
BHPian

wht are strut braces
raja_ys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 17:40   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

for further info on strut braces check out the following links:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ht=strut+brace (The Strut Brace thread)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ht=strut+brace (Strut Brace on a Vtec)
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 18:20   #6
BANNED

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme aaron
heloo everyone

i'm a new kid in TEAM-BHP, i dont know wat dis strut braces are... it would be kind if any1 cud tell me wat it is.......

i also own a esteem 96 model..... its fitted wit lpg, i want to have side skirts fitted on it but its very costly (20,000 in mangalore). is der any other place i can get for cheaper rates... and want 2 know abt these k&n filters.. its price, the model suited for my car and wer it is available... it would be kind if u all cud help me on dis...

xtreme aaron
Hey,

Welcome aboard.You can get a skirting kit set of 4 for approx 10k unpainted in Mumbai. The K&N filters will cost from 3k to 5.5k depending on which one you want. And as far as the strut braces go you will have to get them custom made as I dont think there is anybody stocking the same for esteem.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 02:16   #7
BHPian

hey buddy welcome to tbhp...as far as a K&N filter is concerned you can go in for a rc-3570 universal conical filter and since it's a carb-esteem just get a custom pipe made which starts from the head of the carb and end's with the filter on the other end...as far as side skirts are concerned you'll have to find a fabricator locally...or come down to bombay...also the strut braces are basically connecting your struts together...which in return gives you imprved driving quality...better cornering and a much more stable car...be very careful while selecting your strut brace and even installing it...because a badly designed sturt brace can have inverse effects..which may lead to poorer driving and damaging the strut's..if you do need any other info...or need anything related to performance parts...just send me a pm...cheers..happy revvin...!!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2005, 22:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

Welcome aboard.You can get a skirting kit set of 4 for approx 10k unpainted in Mumbai. The K&N filters will cost from 3k to 5.5k depending on which one you want. And as far as the strut braces go you will have to get them custom made as I dont think there is anybody stocking the same for esteem.

Viper
Hey Viper, I've been looking around for skirts for my Esteem too... could reccomend somebody in Mumbai / Pune who builds / stocks them ?

Looking for a good spoiler too...

- T u r b o C -
turbo_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2005, 09:35   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_c
Hey Viper, I've been looking around for skirts for my Esteem too... could reccomend somebody in Mumbai / Pune who builds / stocks them ?

Looking for a good spoiler too...

- T u r b o C -
Give me a call on 9821421948 and i'll organise them. We need to meet up so that I can show you the different designs.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2005, 13:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey arron
welcome to tbhp.i guess viper and dragger have explained everything very well.just search and youll get loads of data.

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote