Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th March 2010, 01:00   #1

Default AC Problem / 1.1 Palio Stile SLE

Dear TBHPians,

The AC in my 1.1 Stile SLE has been behaving erratically. The trouble is with switching on the a/c, Sometimes there is a delay in starting the cooling after I press the a/c button. Sometimes it starts immediately, Sometimes it will start if I give a hard push on the switch / keep it pressed for a while.

However once it starts it works absolutely fine till I switch it off and there is no noticeable reduction in cooling etc. I usually drive with the a/c on and switch on / off while overtaking / on slopes as required, also, the a/c is reasonably powerful so I frequently switch it on / off to regulate the temperature also.

What could be wrong? Is it possible that the switch has developed some trouble due to frequent use or could there be something wrong with the temperature sensor?

Also, to replace the switch (if required) is it necessary to open the dash?

Did any of you face a similar problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak / Palio Stile SLE / Infinity Black / 35K km in 15 months and counting :-)

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th March 2010 at 10:29. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
kvdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 12:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

Take it to a good AC mech or dealer and get it checked, as you said it might be the switch then its an easy job. If not you will need to get the system for any lose connections, low gas pressure etc
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 20:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

It should be a loose connection in the switch. You dont have to remove the whole dash. The central console which houses all switches and a/c vents can be removed AFAIK
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 21:20   #4
BHPian

hmmm, If I'm not mistaken, isn't the switch self-illuminating? meaning that whenever you switch on the A/C, isn't there an LED built in to indicate that it's on?
there should be some sort of indication that your A/C is on - therefore should you have a problem with the switch then this lamp will tell you whether your A/C is infact on or off.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 21:24   #5
Team-BHP Support

If its a coupler issue then light may glow without ac kicking in, same case when gas is low. So that might not be a good indicator, but yes to see if switch is working fine it might be.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:58   #6

I got it checked, but what the a/c mechanic was telling was that it was a faulty sensor...but funny,after that day, it has been working fine.. :-)

Thanks...Deepak / Fiat Palio Stile SLE
kvdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 12:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

The a/c of my 1.2 palio doesnt seem to be working.. there is a hissing sound along with warm air. A nearby mechanic said that it could be because of a faulty cooling coil. Going to get it checked out properly so was wondering if there was anything I should be aware off before going to TASS
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 08:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
The a/c of my 1.2 palio doesnt seem to be working.. there is a hissing sound along with warm air. A nearby mechanic said that it could be because of a faulty cooling coil. Going to get it checked out properly so was wondering if there was anything I should be aware off before going to TASS
Bottle, this is exactly the same problem I am seeing with my palio stile. Is this fixed for you? What was the problem? What fixed it? Who did you go to?
Summer has been difficult with this non functional ac
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote