Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd March 2010, 11:05   #1
Default 2002 Matiz gear shift problems

I own a 2002 Daewoo Matiz. Recently I hit a road divider pretty hard, as a result of which the steering rack was damaged. The steering was shaky, hence I had to replace it at the earliest. Since the clutch plate was worn out too, I asked my mechanic to replace the clutch plate and the releaser bearings. After all the service job, I was delivered the vehicle. Now I have issues with shifting of gears. The gear shift lever has lot of play. I find it difficult to shift to 1st gear. I am unable to shift to 2nd , 4th and reverse. I am able to engage only 1st and 3rd gear. Any idea what might be the problem. I have asked my mechanic to check this. But prior to that any information on what might me wrong ? Also whats the interval for changing the gear oil ?
satish.rpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Assuming gear oils are OK, it may be a simple link rod (connecting the gear shift, below the gear shift inside the cabin) problem, it can become loose or require change. Not an expensive part.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote