Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd March 2010, 15:27   #1
Default Heard a sound coming from bottom of Ritz

Hi friends,

While driving my Ritz yesterday, I heard a big sound somewhere coming from the bottom of the car. It sounded like a stone hitting the car. I immediately got down & checked for any dent/traces, but found nothing unusual on the car. This is the 2nd time I'd this experience. Previously, i heard a similar sound coming from side of the car a week ago. Again, there was no traces. What could be the reason??? I'm little worried. Should I take it to a service center?

Ritzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:23   #2

It mostly must be a rock that hit the under side of your car. This happens if you drive on roads with small stones scattered on it and there usually wont be any marks.I have had to change a side glass which broke when a stone flew off a lorry tire that was alongside my car.

I don't think it requires any attention unless it is happening on a regular basis or there is anything leaking from your car.

Last edited by rocky080 : 23rd March 2010 at 18:25.
rocky080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:26   #3

I would agree to rocky!!, I have had several instances when big stones get winded up and hit the upper body of the wheels. I know it cos the road I travel home has a stretch of stones and gravel and I hear it only then!.. So nothing to worry buddy!
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:37   #4

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2010 at 11:04.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction