Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th April 2010, 09:55   #16
BHPian

Hi guys, after the office yesterday, I went to the battery shop and the guy opened the battery and found that the battery water is filled completely, then I told him that the battery is still weak, he checkeed the battery with some voltmeter or dont know some instrument and found the battery was good2go (believe me), he told me that the car's engine is running since 20 minutes, thatswhy battery is charged, i need to come in the morning time (but thats only possible on weekends).

Regarding the air filter change, I changed the air filter, and the car is running greattt, I can feel the change (dont know if its psychological or dil-logical) lol !!
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 10:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Your horn is on its way out. The points wear out, and then the horn stops functioning at a lower volage - as happens in a loaded electrical system. I have to change the horns in my Santro (my town car) every two years or so, and I am not a compulsive horn blower by any means. May Accent is on its original horns or may be I changed them once in almost eight years, as it is used mostly on the highways.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 10:35   #18
BHPian

@sgiitk: okay i take that point sir, but what about low visibility in head lights ??
Old 8th April 2010, 11:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Lamp Visibility: Unless the reflector is damaged you cannot do much about it legally. You always have the option of 100/90W bulbs (make sure you have separate wiring and a relay) or HIDs (they are illegal for the high beam, and kosher for low beam). If you go for the latter get the more expensive dual Xenon types.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 12:34   #20
BHPian

hmm, well I am already using 100/90 w bulbs with a replay fitted, however, in nights I am dependent on street lights. On high beam I can see all the bird's nests at the highest point on trees. One head light is new, I have been to M.A.S.S for no help. They said battery is weak, battery shop is saying battery is fine. I guess I should start driving in day time only. duhh :-(
Old 9th April 2010, 11:40   #21
BHPian

Did you get the headlight beam adjusted? if not then try that. Proper focus can help a lot, as you said you are seeing bird nest which means high beam is going really very high. If nothing works then you should go for HID. I too have problem in night driving even after using 130/100 and I know the reason is not proper adjustment, just too lazy to get it adjusted because I hardly do night driving.
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 12:11   #22
BHPian

hii buddy, yesterday got the beam fixed, however, don't know whats wrong, at the workshop the lights are focused and working properly, but in real life scenario, it does not work, selling of the relay and bulb will switch to HIDs now.