Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th May 2010, 01:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Who knows how used these dampers are?
I would strongly suggest you get new ones.
If it were me, I'd pay for SGP. Suzuki is far superior to Maruti's vendors.
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 19:56   #17
Default Re: Baleno Shockers leaking oil after 50,000 km

I need to reopen the discussion. I own a 2005 Maruti Baleno which has done 80k + kms. It was driven with utmost care till 2009 and since then it is mostly driven normally by me although at times I tend to take some sharp turns with a bit of speed. At rare occasions I have tried drifting on it too but very rarely.

Now, I feel the suspensions are out as normally on speed breaker or bumps I used to hear a hydraulic compression sound which is absent now and instead a slight thud can be heard.

I showed it to my mechanic who checked them by pushing the car body by hand and said the car is only running on the springs. He recommended getting the shockers replaced instead of getting them repaired. He told me a price of approximately 14k for all four shockers. He said the shockers would be Gabriel, Delphi or Munjal.

I checked with Motocraft Noida and Carnations Noida and they told me price of approx 9k and 8k respectively for one shocker. They also told me that there is no other options other than MGP shockers for Baleno. Also Motorcraft said there was no warranty on the MGP shockers whereas Carnations said 6 months.

I would like to seek help in understanding:
1. Is it possible that the shockers are fine and the problem is something else?
2. Is there an alternative to the MGP shockers for Baleno? If yes, which ones?
3. Are the costings provided above are correct?

TorquePeedo is offline   Reply With Quote