Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd July 2016, 10:16   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: ECU-remapping / Chipping

Maybe now that Diesels are no longer the 'flavor of the day' tuners will start looking at Petrol engines, both blown and normally aspirated. I think with BS-III/IV petrol getting standardized (91RON) and also (hopefully) some reduction in adulteration we have some scope in Petrol engines, say 5-15% gain. I do wish we start getting the 95RON Euro-IV Premium blend, at reasonable price, and not the confiscatory RON97 at ₹80 or so.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 15:31   #92
BHPian

Default 30% More Power & Mileage by stock ECU remap

This guy here claims 30% increase of power and milage by remapping the stock ECU

Link https://www.olx.in/item/30-more-powe...-ID17BEhF.html

I messaged the guy who posted the ad for details and he replied saying

Quote:
We alter the maps in the ECU of your car, and deliver an output of upto 30% increase of power. Manufacturers do not utilise the true potential of an engine due to legal limitations and of course market contraints. Eg: Duster 85 ps and 110 ps - Same engine just different maps.
Experts, your opinions please.
Aston.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 15:37   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

@Aston.Martin; While 30% may be available on 'blown' engines, I doubt it will be easy to get on normally aspirated ones. Also, remapping is often at the cost of driveability and smoothness.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 16:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 30% More Power & Mileage by stock ECU remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
This guy here claims 30% increase of power and milage by remapping the stock ECU

Link https://www.olx.in/item/30-more-powe...-ID17BEhF.html

I messaged the guy who posted the ad for details and he replied saying

Experts, your opinions please.
I just checked their FB page, looks like new tuner. But they have done remap for Jazz 1.5 Idtec( Should be first in India). Alientech had cracked the protocol for Civic 1.6 Idtec last week and I guess 1.5 Idtec also uses same ECU.

https://www.facebook.com/VergeRacing/
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:32   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dr.Naren; I think the 1.5Idtec is derived from the 1.6 so the ECU should be the same or at least similar. Again we would like to see the driveability. Also, the 1.6petrol of Honda is 'blown', so someone should try and have a go it it.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 11:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Dr.Naren; I think the 1.5Idtec is derived from the 1.6 so the ECU should be the same or at least similar. Again we would like to see the driveability. Also, the 1.6petrol of Honda is 'blown', so someone should try and have a go it it.
Yes, 1.5 is a derivative of 1.6. 1.6 IDTEC has Bosch EDC17C58 ECU. I tired to check the ECU in my friend's Jazz and did not even manage to find it . It should be hidden somewhere.

Petrol Honda IVTEC has Keihin ECU and it can be tuned. But, most of the tuners do not do it as it's a risky ECU to work. I think only Kiirus does it.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote