Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th October 2005, 17:07   #1
BHPian

Default Corsa left side noise ...

Hi All,
Some ratling noise was comming from the left side of the bonnet, went to service center, the service center guys after inspection told me that both the front shocks are gone and need to be changed and one of the engine mount is broken, the car has done 21K only but is 2.5 yrs old, so no warrenty , done the changes but still hearing the noise but occasionally, gone back to the service center, after inspection they say every thing is fine, can some one please let me know what might be wrong, I never expected CORSA to have this type of problem, any help regarding this would be appricated.
pramods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 17:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Did they change the tie rods? if not, that is probably the source of the sound.

You my also want to check if the mudflap is loose. It happens at times and create a sound when you go over bumps.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 17:33   #3
BHPian

I used to get these noice once when i bumped out of a pot hole. They zeroed it on the dangling silencer. But still the problem existed, i was geting some noice when i was taking sharp u turns. Problem was with the slightly bent engine gaurd. Now its all silence out there.

Dont think that the shocks will give up at 21k itself. These guys are bloody lazy to locate the problem, i had to sit on their heads to get things done.

offtopic: how much did that process of changing the shocks cost you?
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2005, 13:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
I used to get these noice once when i bumped out of a pot hole. They zeroed it on the dangling silencer. But still the problem existed, i was geting some noice when i was taking sharp u turns. Problem was with the slightly bent engine gaurd. Now its all silence out there.

Dont think that the shocks will give up at 21k itself. These guys are bloody lazy to locate the problem, i had to sit on their heads to get things done.

offtopic: how much did that process of changing the shocks cost you?
It costed me 6k total including labor and wheel alingment, I think of taking the car to a local garage specialized in opel astra & corsa
Old 16th October 2005, 15:57   #5
BHPian

Both front shocks + engine mount only12k??? pretty cheap i feel...This is including the cost of the parts???
Catamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2005, 15:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran
Both front shocks + engine mount only12k??? pretty cheap i feel...This is including the cost of the parts???
Correction?!!! 6k i suppose and not 12k
Catamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2005, 09:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran
Correction?!!! 6k i suppose and not 12k
Yes, as paid and mentioned in the receipt, the costliest part is labor.