Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 15:57   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 574
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
At last I got someone who has taken car from Vinayaka. I would like to know how is thier service.

They claim they are very different from other dealers since they are new. How has your experience been with them.
Kadri,

You can read my entire purchase experience over here. There is a link at the end of the entire thread for my 5000 km review (which I need to update)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...my-stable.html (A new 1.8TSI in my stable :-))


PM me if you want me to put you in touch with the person who handled everything for me at Vinayak. He's a pretty good guy.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:07   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
at the moment I'm pretty pi$$@d off at skoda because my uncles superb is having some major issues.
Issues with Superb - is this in Bangalore? Which dealer?
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 08:31   #48
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nasik
Posts: 105
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
At last I got someone who has taken car from Vinayaka. I would like to know how is thier service.

They claim they are very different from other dealers since they are new. How has your experience been with them.
Vinayak sells more than other skoda dealers...
Sure they meet more sales numbers on monthly , quarterly and yearly basis to get additional discounts from Skoda.
Hence their profits per car are more than other skoda dealers , also service is managed in professional manner , hence not many complaints against Vinayaka till date.
YVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 09:47   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 574
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Issues with Superb - is this in Bangalore? Which dealer?
No this is in Bombay....Autobahn. The car has stopped working about a dozen times since they bought it in October/November; Skoda Autobahn claims its a grounding issue...but who the heck knows. I've told my Uncle to fight it out and get a replacement car. Lets see what they decide.

Last edited by imp! : 7th May 2010 at 09:48.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 09:51   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 574
Thanked: 176 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Vinayak sells more than other skoda dealers...
Sure they meet more sales numbers on monthly , quarterly and yearly basis to get additional discounts from Skoda.
Hence their profits per car are more than other skoda dealers , also service is managed in professional manner , hence not many complaints against Vinayaka till date.
This might be true if you take the entire Vinayak network in South India. However, each Vinayak Dealership is individually managed with virtually no interaction between branches. You will experience a difference in service from branch to branch.
Here in Bangalore, Vinayak actually sells fewer cars than Tafe. This is mostly because more potential Skoda customers generally hail from South Bangalore and its neighboring suburbs, hence Tafe sells more because they are in the area.
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 13:00   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
It's just a suggestion. Why don't you try writing to some magazine and may be they can help you out (don't know to what extend) with the situation. Autocar has a section called 'HELPLINE'. Try writing to them.

I wrote to Autocar on the various problems I faced with my Fabia. And a big thanks to them because they published in their FEB 2010 issue under the complaints section. But since then I haven't taken the car yet to the dealer. I don't know how the dealer in going to treat me after making my miseries public. And moreover my warranty is over.

I went to the dealer one day after my warranty(this was before the autocar issue came out) expired for a noise coming out of the blower motor fan which spins the AC, it was a small noise but neverthless a bit annoying. Dealer blankly refused to change it under warranty even as a goodwill. And the cost of that fan is 10k !!!!!!!! I was fuming and gave them left and right and said I rather live with the noise rather than pay 10k for it.

I haven't got a single call from the dealer after the autocar issue. I dont think its of any use cause the attitude of Skoda is not gonna change. The whole country knows that their service is bad so..
liner4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:46   #52
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
And the cost of that fan is 10k !!!!!!!! I was fuming and gave them left and right and said I rather live with the noise rather than pay 10k for it.

I haven't got a single call from the dealer after the autocar issue. I dont think its of any use cause the attitude of Skoda is not gonna change. The whole country knows that their service is bad so..
10K for a car fan . I think you can tell them that you have not enquired for high end cieling fans. That's just injustice.

I suggest you try to fix it with a local AC mechanic who deals with imported cars. Consult it in few garages they may help you in finding such people.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 15:15   #53
BHPian
 
aerohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: India
Posts: 883
Thanked: 582 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
I went to the dealer one day after my warranty(this was before the autocar issue came out) expired for a noise coming out of the blower motor fan which spins the AC, it was a small noise but neverthless a bit annoying. Dealer blankly refused to change it under warranty even as a goodwill. And the cost of that fan is 10k !!!!!!!! I was fuming and gave them left and right and said I rather live with the noise rather than pay 10k for it. .
Remove the fan yourself, put some lube in the motor, clean up the passage of any debris, it should be just fine.

DIY is the way to do sometimes. {works for me}
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 16:10   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 65
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@line4u, I remember reading about your problem in Autocar. Sorry to hear that you still have troubles.
From the look of it I guess vying for the 'Worst After Sales Service' tag. Fiat was no.1 in this category but now I guess Skoda wants it badly.
vjabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 23:21   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Looks like the issues with Skoda will never stop. But all things said it done, it is STILL a gem of a car do drive around in. The sheer power of the beast is amazing. And yes, thank god for Vinayak in bangalore. Those guys are good. I have a feeling that as you go north (India) Skoda service is lousy. As far as Bangalore is concerned, barring TAFE Access, the other dealer, Vinayak is excellent.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 10:55   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
10K for a car fan . I think you can tell them that you have not enquired for high end cieling fans. That's just injustice.

I suggest you try to fix it with a local AC mechanic who deals with imported cars. Consult it in few garages they may help you in finding such people.
Well I am a bit apprehensive to give it someone outside. But should do it i guess. Thanks for your input. The part has to be ordered from Bombay which will again take 20 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Remove the fan yourself, put some lube in the motor, clean up the passage of any debris, it should be just fine.

DIY is the way to do sometimes. {works for me}
Yes one the service managers suggested that I do it outside as it might be some debris that's causing the noise. But I don't think I can do it myself because to get access to the fan part of the dashboard must be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
@line4u, I remember reading about your problem in Autocar. Sorry to hear that you still have troubles.
From the look of it I guess vying for the 'Worst After Sales Service' tag. Fiat was no.1 in this category but now I guess Skoda wants it badly.
I would already rate it the worst A.S.S. I did own a fiat palio once but I did not experience anything like this. Skoda dealers have it easy because 90% of skoda owners don't take the car personally for service and don't go into every detail. The rest 10% suffer.
liner4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 12:20   #57
BHPian
 
kadri007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore/Mangalore
Posts: 433
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Well I am a bit apprehensive to give it someone outside. But should do it i guess. Thanks for your input. The part has to be ordered from Bombay which will again take 20 days. .
Hi

I booked Skoda Fabia 1.2 Petrol Classic atlast. I know its a big suprise. But the car no doubt has a excellent safety features and good road handling. Vinayaka Skoda Dealer in Bangalore seems to be very good since its a new dealership.

And I checked about the fan thing with my dealer here in Bangalore.

They all said 10K for a fan is just impossible. There may be some other issue with it, is what they are saying. They suggested me to tell my friend to check it with other dealer else call the Skoda customer care.
kadri007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 15:37   #58
Newbie
 
vinmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai & Pune
Posts: 14
Thanked: Once
Default

Well! Some people change when they see the light, others change when they feel the heat! The remaining ones just perish.
vinmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 16:38   #59
BHPian
 
Autonorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 76
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Vinmaz I feel sorry for you to have to go through so many hassles. I wonder if these Skoda horror stories will ever stop.

Q: What does Skoda call it's car that works perfectly well even after the warranty has expired.

A: Lemon

Sorry couldn't resist this one.
Autonorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 16:48   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

10K for the fan ? I got a radiator fan for the vRS for 4000 bucks - it would have cost me 11000 bucks in a dealership.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Skoda Rapid or Used Skoda Laura coolboy007 Sedans 19 15th July 2012 11:31
Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura karanraheja The International Automotive Scene 11 14th February 2011 19:43
Skoda Laura Ambiente-cheaper Laura deuce-deuce The Indian Car Scene 94 11th July 2008 06:53
The 150+ bhp modded car misery. B16? Mivec? 1 bar G16B? Inputs needed. mclaren1885 Sedans 73 6th September 2007 20:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks