Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th May 2010, 16:16   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Yajaman,

I totally understand your friend's position, but these really aren't issues to lose sleep over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
The steering was not in the centre position.
Simple alignment, or related to the detected damper issue. The other issues that your friend has faced are:

Quote:
The car would randomly produce a metallic clink clink noise from underneath the front suspension already.
Quote:
the random clink-clink from under the front suspension
Neither is a biggie, trust me

And yes, the brakes of some cars can squeak if they are drenched in water. This disappears after 2 - 3 kms of driving.

My suggestion : Ask your friend to leave aside harsh emails & legal options; tell him to collaborate with the service advisor and resolve the issues at hand. The odd problem with a new car happens even to the best of 'em. Relax, sort out the small niggles and move on.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 16:30   #17
BHPian

The nature of problems mentioned show that the car was involved in some kind of a crash. A shifted steering column, rattling sounds originating from the front, .. they really do point at a similar case. Please save receipts and communications with the dealer. Take photographs of parts that they claim to have replaced. I guess filing a complaint with the Consumer forum could help in a way.
renney.varghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 17:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

As many have put it here, forget about a refund or replacement. Is is not that easy and works only if they happen to be mother teresa or on a court order. But again, we are not saying they wont.

This is nothing to worry about and can be easily rectified. Tell him to go to the showroom, sit down there with them and make them get it rectified till the problem gets resolved. Speak to them and make them understand your plight. dont get harsh now, as it may not work in his favour. He can take more drastic measures later.

Worse comes to worse, he can get the enitre suspension replaced or something similar. Ask him to get the car diagnosed from an external workshop as well, to get an undertstanding of what the problem is.

Stay calm. I read somewhere once, that there ws some suspension issue on a Ford Endeavor which either broke or something and was much worse than this, but car was not replaced.

Things like this happen even to bigger cars
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 15:06   #19
BHPian

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your valueable inputs and suggestions.
As rightly said a refund and replacement are the last things to expect.
However i have been quite busy the last week to check with him how things are and what the current status is.
Will keep all posted as things progress.
yajaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 16:45   #20
BHPian

All said and done, it should never ever so happen that a brand new car comes with issues. Why do you call a car new then? If one has carry on with issues Big or Small, why spend a hard earned million and buy a new one? He can as well buy a used car. Any issues with a used car will not be a surprise isn't it? since the mind will be ready to accept any issues with the used car.

Ask your friend to take Hyundai to task. These guys seem to never set themselves right. Steering issues are well known and has been reported by so many users of Hyundai now.

I have friend who is fighting a legal battle with the Mahindra who sold him a lemon. The car has an issue with the a/c, the floor gets fully wet when it rains.

ask your friend to send a lawyer's notice first, then follows the court notice.

These guys should be taken to task. In INDIA, consumers are not protected properly. Would Hyundai ever think of selling such probelmatic piece elsewhere in the world ???
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 16:48   #21
BHPian

sorry for your friend who had to face these issues in a new car..

The clink clink problems are quite minor though, related to suspensions. It just requires a tightening, probably it would have happened at the factory due to a careless mechanic who would have wanted to rush home to be with his newly wed wife. And then the alignment of the wheels should fix the car going towards the left problem.

Lets not get into the angle of assuming if this is a lemon or a total loss vehicle and all those as it will only complicate things further. If the above dont solve, then of course, a little more seriousness has to be given.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 17:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Like GTO said the problems don't seem so big compared to the likes of Skoda!
The metallic clink sound coming once in a while could be a stone or the clutch!
I sometimes get that on my figo nothing to worry about.

Same for brakes, water/rust causes this. Worst case you could ask for a Rotor Disc replacement.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 19:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

"Metallic clink and misaligned steering position"

I am sure Hyundai QC personnel will not pass a new car whose steering is not centered.

i suspect a hit before you took delivery possibly by dealership people. Its not a major issue though. It can be easily solved.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 19:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Strange. When I buy a music system, I am allowed to check out the piece that I am about to buy. Same goes for a camera. Same goes for even a used car !!

Why are customers not allowed to test drive their new cars for 5 or 6 kms before finalizing it, note down the engine and chasiss number, and then send it for registration, after customer approval ? Is this not the right of the customer ? Hoping some experts can give their opinion on this, so that a procedural change can be taken up and enforced in this regard. Wonder how the system works abroad.
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 16:50   #25
BHPian

Default EPS failed in my brand new verna.

This happened while I was travelling from Trivandrum to Nagercoil yesterday in my 2 months old hyundai fludic verna crdi SX(O) AT. Just a few kms after the odo clocked 4k, the steering felt heavier than normal and EPS warning light was turned on. I decided not to stop immediately as it was raining out and continued driving assuming that only the EPS system has failed and could control the steering in manual mode. 10 minutes later I stopped the car near a tea shop. When I started again, there was no EPS warning light and the steering was back to the normal state.

Is this a major issue? Any other Verna owners with the same experience?
P.S. : I drove at a speed of 60-65 kph on manual mode (to be exact.. in 3rd gear) & the road was in average condition.
noblecr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 17:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Issues with a new Hyundai Verna

Hey Yajaman99, these things in your friends Verna are so silly, I would not lose a minute of peace of mind over this for the simple reason, they are very minor. Of course they should have not been there, but this is nothing a Hyndai service station won't fix in a jiffy.

Let me elaborate on your problems and their probable solutions. Probable because I have actually not test driven your car.

1) Steering not in center - Wheel Alignment at a reputed place. VERY SIMPLE.

2) Suspension noise - Wheel Caliper or Strut Bush. Not a biggie at all. I am ruling everything else out as in a new car these are the things which are most probably not in place.

3) The noise while braking is just some dust in between the brake and disc. Get the disc and brake pads cleaned. Not a big deal at all.

Ask him to send the car to Hyundai and all this will be fixed in a jiffy. Don't case vase and all over these things.

Last edited by humyum : 25th November 2014 at 17:13.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 17:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey Yajaman99, these things in your friends Verna are so silly, I would not lose a minute of peace of mind over this for the simple reason, they are very minor. Of course they should have not been there, but this is nothing a Hyndai service station won't fix in a jiffy.

Let me elaborate on your problems and their probable solutions. Probable because I have actually not test driven your car.

2) Suspension noise - Wheel Caliper or Strut Bush. Not a biggie at all. I am ruling everything else out as in a new car these are the things which are most probably not in place.

3) The noise while braking is just some dust in between the brake and disc. Get the disc and brake pads cleaned. Not a big deal at all.

Ask him to send the car to Hyundai and all this will be fixed in a jiffy. Don't case vase and all over these things.
@ Humyum

You just put a sleeping thread to wake!!

Its a 4 year old thread my friend and we dont even know if Yajaman's friend even owns the car now
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 17:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:

It is a 2010 thread sir ji. I am sure the original poster and his friend have long since moved on
venuvedam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 17:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@ Humyum

Its a 4 year old thread my friend and we dont even know if Yajaman's friend even owns the car now
Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
It is a 2010 thread sir ji. I am sure the original poster and his friend have long since moved on
Sorry, I did not realize the date. I guess by now the case should be going in court or the owner should be happy with the Verna
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 19:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I did not realize the date. I guess by now the case should be going in court or the owner should be happy with the Verna
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@ Humyum

No arnabchak, its me who woke up this thread. I don't want to start a new thread for an issue happened to my car which lasted only for 10 minutes.

Could you please see my 1st post.
noblecr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote