Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 12:59   #16
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Good to know the issue is isolated, however check the below as well.

Fuel Pump, fule filter or Fuel lines.
Thanks, will do that while doing the checkup

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
great to know your issue is resolved Bobby!
Raj, issue is only isoloated for now, but not resolved.. Please share details if you know someone who can fix it without burning a hole in my pocket
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 13:34   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
...I think I have pinned down the issue (but not fixed), as pointed out by HappyWheels it is the immobilizer...


Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
... I am just back after a Kerala trip (got the issue many times but was lucky to get it started always) and I am planning to take the car to Hyundai showroom on the weekend...
Kind of risky, but good to know it started after couple of tries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
...Issue is happening with both the keys so it should got to do with the chip reading unit fitted in the key assembly...
Not sure, but I think the reader is available as a independent unit and it can be 'taught' to acknowledge the existing code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
... I am not sure how much it is going to cost (sure that Hyundai will suggest a replacement and not any repair) and my car is out of warranty period.

It will be of great help if you can suggest any mechanics in Bangalore who are experts in Key immobilizers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
... Please share details if you know someone who can fix it without burning a hole in my pocket
Bobby,

Please do not take this to an independent mechanic unless you, or the person who has recommended him, are absolutely sure of the person and of his expertise.

Take it to the HASS; it might be worth the money spent.

PS: Are you at the new campus, if so, lets meet.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 15:50   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post


Not sure, but I think the reader is available as a independent unit and it can be 'taught' to acknowledge the existing code.

Bobby,

Please do not take this to an independent mechanic unless you, or the person who has recommended him, are absolutely sure of the person and of his expertise.

Take it to the HASS; it might be worth the money spent.

PS: Are you at the new campus, if so, lets meet.
Thanks for all the inputs, I should be in GV from next week, will PM you and we will meet
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:39   #19
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Took the car to HAAS (Trident on Kanakpura road) today. For the first time the problem appeared when the technician was checking the car (generally by Murphy’s law the issue never surfaces when you are at the garage). Hooked to the ECU our finding of the Key Immobilizer malfunction was confirmed.

They did the code teaching procedure for both the keys, after couple of attempts with errors finally looks like the keys have learned its lesson. I am told to use the vehicle, if the issue reappears both the keys and the receiver unit need to be replaced (hope the keys won’t forget their lessons). I had heard from my friend who had a similar experience with his Skoda that the costs was around 40 K, but thank god for Elantra it is only 8.5K

Thanks again for all your advices.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:55   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Took the car to HAAS (Trident on Kanakpura road) today. For the first time the problem appeared when the technician was checking the car (generally by Murphy’s law the issue never surfaces when you are at the garage). Hooked to the ECU our finding of the Key Immobilizer malfunction was confirmed.

They did the code teaching procedure for both the keys, after couple of attempts with errors finally looks like the keys have learned its lesson. I am told to use the vehicle, if the issue reappears both the keys and the receiver unit need to be replaced (hope the keys won’t forget their lessons). I had heard from my friend who had a similar experience with his Skoda that the costs was around 40 K, but thank god for Elantra it is only 8.5K

Thanks again for all your advices.
Iam having the same problem as well. The car just refuses to start as though someone is cutting the fuel supply. I knew the problem was with the code sensors but havent been able to get it corrected completely.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 14:06   #21
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Iam having the same problem as well. The car just refuses to start as though someone is cutting the fuel supply. I knew the problem was with the code sensors but havent been able to get it corrected completely.
I think you can confirm your diagnosis by looking at the dash board indicator for Key Immobilizer. In Elantra it is supposed to the glow when you insert the key (only if the chip is detected) and goes off after starting. In my case when it was giving the problem the indicator was not glowing. I am not sure whether this is the case with all makes, which car is giving this problem for you princezahed?
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:20   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I think you can confirm your diagnosis by looking at the dash board indicator for Key Immobilizer. In Elantra it is supposed to the glow when you insert the key (only if the chip is detected) and goes off after starting. In my case when it was giving the problem the indicator was not glowing. I am not sure whether this is the case with all makes, which car is giving this problem for you princezahed?
mine is an elantra crdi as well. My brother has a lot of trouble getting it started but thankfully for me it doesnt often happen. as you mentioned the light goes on if the key is detected and only then it starts, otherwise it doesnt.
princezahed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elantra Petrol vs Elantra CRDi palani81 Sedans 1 24th October 2006 13:59
Elantra GT vs Elantra Crdi(Was skoda vs elantra) azifali Sedans 39 17th August 2006 12:56
elantra crdi gtd vs elantra crdi (leather pack) super_700a Sedans 3 10th August 2006 07:38
Suggest me, Elantra CRDi or Elantra GLS hsmraj Sedans 16 11th April 2006 02:28
Elantra CRDi v/s Used Elantra CRDi v/s New Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi lamborghini Sedans 36 30th January 2006 00:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks