Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th May 2010, 21:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
A loose solder / connection somewhere, most likely in the fuse box. Causes sparking when the current is on, and after a bit the metal components manage to conduct.
Do modern looms use solder?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Do modern looms use solder?
I wouldn't be sure who's been inside that fusebox earlier. Also, I would use the term solder loosely to indicate the fusing of a wire with a clip. Would expect these to be spot-welded.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I wouldn't be sure who's been inside that fusebox earlier. Also, I would use the term solder loosely to indicate the fusing of a wire with a clip. Would expect these to be spot-welded.
Loose solder/ solder loosely! Not Freudian, but am sure a slip/ association of some sort for which you doctors have a name

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 22:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Loose solder/ solder loosely! Not Freudian, but am sure a slip/ association of some sort for which you doctors have a name

Sutripta
No, I'm not dyslexic.
Quote:
It is characterized by difficulties with accurate and/or fluent word recognition, and by poor spelling and decoding abilities.

These difficulties typically result from a deficit in the phonological component of language that is often unexpected in relation to other cognitive abilities and the provision of effective classroom instruction.

Secondary consequences may include problems in reading comprehension and reduced reading experience...

Source
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote