Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th May 2010, 00:04   #1
BHPian

Default i10 Temp Gauge Issue.

On Monday,driving back home, i noticed that the Engine temp gauge was almost 3/4th towards hot. Was very much surprised by the sudden rise in the temp. Reached home and checked for the coolant and radiator, no problems.
The next day, took the vehicle to the A.S.S. They connected the "Hi-Scan" device to check for any problems and could not find any.
Then they told, it could be the sensor problem and they are going to replace it. They replaced it and it looked all fine. Took the vehicle and within 2 kms, the temp guage was back to the same place. So went back and left the vehicle for more investigations.
Later in the evening i got a call from the SA that the vehicle is ready and the grounding for the sensors had a loose connection. Went and picked the vehicle late in the evening and i do not see any problem with the temp guage till now.
Is it true that there is a grounding to the sensors and possibility of it getting loose connection ?
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 01:47   #2
BHPian

yes that could be a issue as most probably the circuit used to sense the temp. would operate on car battery and if ground(-ve) gets disconnected or is loose the actual reading sent to panel would be broken/incorrect.

check the reading for a day or two, if its ok, your problem is solved already.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 10:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yup grounding can cause such funny stuff. Happened to me once in iKON and i landed up replacing the sensor itself
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 10:54   #4
BHPian

New thing I learnt today.

Thanks to Team-BHP
WDM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 11:23   #5
BHPian

@ghpk/@jaggu,
Thanks a lot for the response. I am happy that the SA was able to find it and rectify it.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote