Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th June 2017, 12:41   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
For "hearsay" info, there is always google.
Are you trying to suggest that I'm quoting "hearsay" stuff? I'm not sure if you meant that but it might help to know that I'm part of a garage(partner/supervisor/advisor) and we lay our hands on more cars per day than any owner/on-paper engineer of any type. None of the clients reported 1liter per 1000 km yet. Maybe coincidence?

Last edited by pixantz : 13th June 2017 at 12:49.
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 12:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Excessive engine oil consumption in the VAG TSI engines

A discussion that may be useful in this particular case:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4201565 (Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread)
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 18:45   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Excessive engine oil consumption in the VAG TSI engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Neither have any of my Skoda weilding buddies ever mentioned this phenomena.
There are multiple Skoda wielding people here - and countless over various global forums - who have this oil consumption issue/problem/phenomena. So this for sure is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I'm part of a garage(partner/supervisor/advisor) and we lay our hands on more cars per day than any owner/on-paper engineer of any type. None of the clients reported 1liter per 1000 km yet. Maybe coincidence?
You know yourself that that statement of you laying your hands on more cars per day than ANY owner of ANY type simply cant be true. And even if for a moment we believe it to be true - that alone still doesnt make you right.

That figure of 1L/1000 km is something that is in various VAG manuals. To the best of my knowledge no one in this 'oily' thread - including the OP wishing to pursue a case - has mentioned that their cars consume that much oil.

Maybe you can put your knowledge of running a garage to good use and diagnose why these engines have this issue in the first place and what can owners do about this?
Cesc is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 23:47   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

that alone still doesnt make you right.

the OP wishing to pursue a case -

Maybe you can put your knowledge of running a garage to good use and diagnose why these engines have this issue in the first place and what can owners do about this?
Firstly, buddy, it's not about ME being right. Maybe a lot of people have oil guzzling rides. 90% of them don't go to a FNG to fill it. They keep a can in the boot. The rest of them maybe, go to the ASS and get trolled by some silly explanation/excuse/remedy. I never said the cars don't eat up oil. Your missing the point here. Please read the first post again. And then I'm waiting to hear from YOU what IS it that's right.

Secondly, the "case" that the OP is pursuing or wishing to pursue, do you think it will hold water? Seriously? And WHAT IS the "case"? In court? Can you spell out a hard line on the heading of the case? I don't see one. Would you sue from all the info you have so far? I'd like to hear how. Why, the person did not even mention something like 'performance issues' or black smoke or any such.

Thirdly, it's not my job to diagnose why these engines have this issue in the first place and what can owners do about this. That's the job of the guys who made it, in the first place. We're all discussing about the so-called issue. It's not about right or wrong. We're getting off the subject. Need some more focus.....
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote