Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 26th July 2012, 13:14   #16
Default Re: Castrol Pitstop

Further to the above post, I was specifically thinking of S.L.M. Motors near Uma Maheshwari temple on KR Road.

Thanks for advising
shravank30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 17:23   #17

Does anyone happen to know how to contact the owner or the manager of the Castrol Pitstop at HSR Layout (opposite NIFT) ? Pretty disappointing first experience with them, and compared to A.S.S every step of the process seemed underwhelming. Castrol India website says that the agency is "Express Wheels" and manager's name is Mr.Manas Pradhan.

1. Job card preparation was very unprofessional.
a. Didn't note down my complaints, even on insisting they said they'd do it.
b. Didn't note down scratches/dents in front of me.
c. Didn't note down miles run or petrol amount in front of me.
d. Didn't even proactive care enough to ask as to what all I need besides general checkup and service.

2. Pushing for "oil changes" - pretty much had me change every oil used in the car -- except petrol. My car had run very little (about 4000Kms, since last service, done about a year back). Thankfully, they agreed that the filter was okay!

3. On explaining the problem of :
a. erratic hand-brake light issue (almost always on, switches off once in a while -- for few months now)
b. blower / AC controls are stuck / jammed
c. blower fan is making lot of sound, as if some rubber or leaf is rubbing hard against it
They took it rather casually. I had to remind them that it'd require opening up the dashboard. They agreed, and yet promised that it'd be a 3-4hr job. I gave my OK and came back.

Call the service centre 4 times (10:30am, 12noon, 3:00pm, 4:45pm) and each time asking them if the dashboard work is started/done, I was told that it was being done. On last call, a chap who claimed to be the manager (clearly bluffing) called "Kishan" said that such things cannot be done in 3-4 hours time. I asked him, then why did they say otherwise just the previous night, and it was on that condition that I gave my car. Anyhow, I do think, this is the last time I am giving my car to them. On questioning, he says come down to workshop to discuss !

Last edited by bdutta : 4th May 2014 at 17:46. Reason: Found some information
bdutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 17:40   #18

Hi All,

I had privilege of visiting castrol pitstop in HSR Layout.I had gone for routine wash for my wagon R.
The charges were very high. like Rs. 350 for exterior wash only + interior vacuum.
Also saw lot of cars being opened and the workers go here and there to get spares.
So decided to stay with MASS. Eventhough i,am not completely satisfied with Service standards.

My recommendation, is never go for Castrol Pitstop unless you are desperate.
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 16:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad experience with the Castrol Pitsop, HSR layout and warn fellow BHPians to be cautious.

I was looking for an independent garage to get my car (Forester) serviced/repaired. I came to know that this garage has a mechanic who has the extensive experience of working on Subaru Forester in the gulf.

I decided to get 2 things. Rear shock absorber replacement and front power window repair. I paid the advance for them to get the parts ordered.

While the shock aborbers were being ordered, they started the work on the power window. Mr. Abdul who is the mechanic, got the motor repaired and fixed it back. But the motor failed again and he repeated the job 2 more times, with the same result. In the process he also had tampered with the glass alignment and the frameless door would not close properly.

At this point I got alerted and decided to cancel the other job. But Mr. Manas refused to refund the amount saying it is already in the hands of the supplier.

What I did not like about the entire incident:
  1. Utter lack of professionalism. There are no receipts. You don't know what are the terms and conditions.
  2. Owner lacks knowledge of cars and goes by the advice of the mechanic. Mechanic even-though experienced, is more of a Jugaad person then knowledgeable. His work is crude and unreliable. He could not do proper diagnosis
  3. Lack of business ethics: After seeing that they were not able to do a good job and the customer is not happy, I expected them to oblige and refund the amount. I was even ready to pick up any other item, if the money was really stuck with the supplier.
  4. Difficult to have a meaningful conversation with Mr. Mans as he looses patience and starts shouting!

I am asking them to get any other part that will be useful to me from the same supplier for the amount I have paid, but I don't expect it will work.

Last edited by Guna : 16th June 2014 at 16:47.
Guna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 00:12   #20

Well... can vouch for unprofessional behaviour for sure. Not sure what they did, but they seemed to have used all the 4 foot-mats/floor-mats (original company provided ones -- high-quality rubber ones) for some kind of cutting job, and all the 4 mats had through-and-through cuts (about 5 inches long) on them. Apparently as if some sharp and heavy object was put on them. Unfortunately, I saw it only 2 days after taking delivery of the vehicle, and given my past interaction with them, decided not to waste time talking. Also, compared to typical bill at authorized service-station, I found my final bill to be on higher side, this when I'd expected them to cost a bit less, if not significantly so.

However, overall, from engine lube-and-tune standpoint, they did a reasonable job. I plan to use their services only for lube-n-tune, as a fallback option, if ever again.
bdutta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote