Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th June 2010, 19:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Post Castrol Pitstop

Name:  castrol_pitstop.jpg
Views: 12798
Size:  75.7 KB

What is Pitstop?

In motor sports, a Pit stop is where a racing stops in the pits during a race, for fueling Oil Change, new tires, repairs, mechanical adjustments, a driver change, or any combination of the above.

Just like an optimum strategy is crucial in having a successful race., Castrol Pitstop offers innovative and quick car maintenance service. So drive in for convenient and speedy service.

What is Castrol Pit Stop?

Castrol Pit Stop is a ‘Express Service’ Automotive solution centre for the consumers who want to come for necessary preventive maintenance in 1-2 hours.

Castrol Pitstop is the first place of Choice of Car Owners to go for quick, easy and convenient Car maintenance and check up solutions in a clean and safe environment.

Castrol Pitstop exclusively uses Castrol products in their workshops. They service both Petrol and Diesel Cars.
  1. Best in Class Express Service – One hour for Signature Oil change and wash.
  2. Quality Assurance from the brand like Castrol.
  3. Customized offers based in need and performance.
Services

Top Performance Pit Stop
  • A 20 Point Check
  • Includes wash / vacuuming
  • Recommended price band if Rs.550 – 700 plus consumable
  • Time: 75 Minutes
Regular Offer (No Frills Offer) 15 Point Check
Doesnot include wash
Recommended Price band Rs. 350-450 consumable
Time: 45 Minutes

Express Check and Go!
15 minutes quick check
Using all test equipment
Rs. 100 plus consumable of any top up required

20 – Point Check

Outside
Inspect under Chassis
Tyre Polish
Wiper Blades
Washing the Car - chassis & body

Engine
Inspect serpentine belts
Check Oil level
Change oil / Top up
Oil Filter
Transmission fluid leakage
Cooling System Fluid
Brake Fluid
Battery Fluid
Spark Plug
Air Filter
Fuel Filter

Inside
Windshield washer reservoir
Lubricate - doors / hings
Dash board / polish
Vacuum automobile interior
Seat Belt

Now I am wondering, do we have any real users of this service here ??
Source
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 10:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering if anyone has used a Castrol Pitsop for an oil change. I am planning to take my Swift Petrol to Sagar Automobiles (Andheri West) for an oil change next time around - just planning the 15 minute express check & go.

If any one has any experiences (good or bad) with this or any other Castrol pitstop location, do share here.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 13:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

any castrol pitstops in South mumbai?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 13:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think its a good concept.
One can always opt for these services before embarking on unplanned long drives.
speedmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 08:26   #5
BHPian

I have used Castrol pitstop. I wouldn't recommend it. First time they put Castrol Magnatec in my safari which is not suitable for my safari. Then I worked out an exchange formula for Castrol GTX diesel but they put more than what was required. So I had to go there again and get it drained. They also put power steering oil but it was more than required, so they had to drain it manually using a cloth.
sumannandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 09:17   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

A lot depends on the grease monkey on the round. I am interested but doubt whether there is any in Kanpur or Lucknow. My normal policy regarding servicing (I do only 7000-800pa so once a year) is to alternate between the company garage and an independent.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 09:52   #7
BHPian

I am afraid if most of us who run our cars just around a thousand kilometers per month and get the cars serviced at A.S.S can chose to avail this service.

We need not change oils more frequently than company specified intervals and for any breakdown/parts replacements required we have to go back to A.S.S. route (my Hyundai experience)

Also the company auth service stations offer such check-ups on the same price range, just in case if we want a quick check before a long drive.

But some of the positives could be, unlike company auth service centres, we can probably chose which engine oil to use etc.

However, if I get a chance, I would like to visit them once

There is one near brigade tower (towards bannerghatta road, left hand side). Any experiences ?
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 16:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Castrol Pitstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I was wondering if anyone has used a Castrol Pitsop for an oil change. I am planning to take my Swift Petrol to Sagar Automobiles (Andheri West) for an oil change next time around - just planning the 15 minute express check & go.

If any one has any experiences (good or bad) with this or any other Castrol pitstop location, do share here.
I managed to locate the Castrol Pitstop Sagar Automobiles in Andheri West - it's the same size as a small parts shop - it doesn't look like a place where they can do proper servicing - it looks like one of those parts shops outside which roadside mechanics service cars. So I skipped this.

However, I did see a large Castrol Pitstop near Worli - this was huge and looked like a proper Service Center. Didn't try it however.
Old 15th January 2011, 16:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

This business model is based on the famous 'Jiffy Lube' of America
Jiffy Lube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think it's right in India especially with non car-savvy people.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 16:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
This business model is based on the famous 'Jiffy Lube' of America
Jiffy Lube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think it's right in India especially with non car-savvy people.
I assume they wanted to base it on Jiffy Lube, but what they have basically done is just taken some existing mechanics & labeled them as Castrol Pitstop.
The Worli center looks impressive but Sagar Automobiles Pitstop doesn't even have Castrol's name anywhere in the shop & looks like a regular small auto part shop with a small space in front where mechanics can open & change oil.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:21   #11
BHPian

Has anyone used the Castrol Pitstop in Total Mall Sarjapur Road (Bangalore)?

I plan to do my next oil change there, but i am not sure if they would have other parts like Diesel filter for example, which also needs to be changed.

Anybody got their diesel cars oil change done here or any other Castrol pitstop??
deep_bang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:41   #12
BHPian

I see a new one which is being setup on 27th main HSR layout 1st Sector (Opp NIFT) .
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 15:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

[quote=deep_bang;2365208]Has anyone used the Castrol Pitstop in Total Mall Sarjapur Road (Bangalore)?

I have used their service 3 times, once was in April 2011 for my Spark, I had the free service coupon for the 15k service but was only curious to know the service cost of a car being a newbie, they replaced Air and Oil filter, did top up of coolant, 20 point check up, changed oil, and wash. The total expense was Rs.2200.

My brother-in law had his Wagon R serviced from the same place at 25k, this actually revealed the true colors of Maruthi ***, none of the filters was changed earlier, there were issues with Gear shifting, Suspension, poor pick up, Steering hardness etc..... He opted for synthetic oil and total cost for the service was Rs.5800, there was a difference in the vehicle performance.

I used their service again in 2011 when I bought a used Accent and converted it to LPG, 20 point check up was done and Air filter, Spark plug and Oil filter was replaced, total cost was Rs.2000.

They have a good mechanic in Mr.Abdul who is a nice person, but you have to find him before leaving your vehicle there as he is very busy, but again he does a neat job. Their body work is also good and rates are lesser than ***.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 18:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I see a new one which is being setup on 27th main HSR layout 1st Sector (Opp NIFT) .
I visited the place recently. I got engine oil changed and oil filter changed. Only one of the twin horns was working, so got it fixed. Total cost 1800.

The place is not up completely. They didnt have funnel, spare parts even machine to swipe my card. But they arranged for the things quickly. I think its a good concept if you just want a general service done when everything is working fine. However, the mech did point out to me that my front shocks are losing fluid and suggested me to take it to A.S.S and get it changed. All the things we done under my supervision, its less time consuming as you need to take out max 2hrs of your time, unlike A.S.S were we lose a day.

I feel this model will work, coz unlike Castrol Bike Zone, here the company is putting in 35% of the initial capital and has a control the way things are done. I think if they act on their learnings from Bike Zone, this model should work well. The person who runs the place said that they wouldnt take up major work as they lack the expertise. That shows that they are clear about their business model.

I would recommend it for regular servicing needs.

Last edited by mac187 : 25th July 2012 at 18:04.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 07:14   #15

Castrol has 2-3 Pitstops in Banashankhari, Bangalore Area as per their website

Anyone used any of these for their cars ?

Thanks for advising
shravank30 is offline   Reply With Quote