Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th April 2011, 13:11   #16

Default Re: My Chevy Cruze broke down! Problem with the turbo hose clip

Brijesh,

I would like to first thank you for creating this post, without which i would have been myself stuck in the middle of nowhere last evening.

I was driving down from Coimbatore to Bangalore on my Cruze AT and all of a sudden had a sudden loss of power just about 15 kms before Salem. The display showed Code 84.

Was completely shocked and looked up at the manual which only says "Engine Loss of Power". I then called Trident Chevrolet in Bangalore asking them as to what this meant and what i was supposed to do. The service promised to callback in 5-10 post checking the code.

In the meanwhile i used my android phone to google on 'Code 84 Cruze' and saw your post. Thanks to technology here!

I called the Trident person and informed them about this . He concluded that this could be the possible reason and asked me to drive down to the Salem Service center (at a slow speed) which was about 25kms from the place where i had stopped.

Thanks again to technology used the GPS and reached the service center at Salem around 6pm just about when they were shutting shop. They immediately looked into the issue, connected the laptop for diagnosing the issue and isolate other possible engine issues and identified that the hose had come out of its position at the bottom. They finished fixing the same at about 9:30pm and i was able to drive back without further issues.

They did take photos of the disconnected hose which they would probably send to Chevy.

Thanks again for this wonderful post and to Team-BHP for this wonderful forum.

This is my first post on team bhp and am sure that i will do many more to help people landing up in these difficult situations.

Cheers...Ram
gulmohars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 11:35   #17
BHPian

Default Re: My Chevy Cruze broke down! Problem with the turbo hose clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulmohars View Post
They immediately looked into the issue, connected the laptop for diagnosing the issue and isolate other possible engine issues and identified that the hose had come out of its position at the bottom. They finished fixing the same at about 9:30pm and i was able to drive back without further issues.

They did take photos of the disconnected hose which they would probably send to Chevy.
Same problem reported in my cruze automatic too.I have given it to the chevy service in my area ,but thanks to you i mentioned the fault with the turbo hose to them and i hope they will set the fault right.I am sure the problem is the same, because there is the sound of air intake too much from the turbo,which can be heard loud inside the cabin,which was not present there earlier.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2015 at 11:36. Reason: Quoted post trimmed. Please do not quote an entire post while replying. Inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
vindrider2626 is offline   Reply With Quote