Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd November 2013, 21:30   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
They are also going to change the radiator fan under warranty,since they(not me) think its making too much noise!.
I have driven the vehicle in traffic now after the radiator fan was changed.It is unbelievable! The reduction (absence?) of noise and vibration is very obvious.

If anyone has got a intrusive noise and vibration when the radiator fan turns on,please check it out with your service station.
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 10:21   #332
BHPian

Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

The combination switch controlling the headlights in my 2011 Nano CX failed 3 days ago. The parking lights would switch on but the headlamps wouldn't switch on correctly. It was clear that something was broken inside. So I dropped the car at Concorde Dairy circle on Thursday evening with a few other complaints.
- Low mileage: lately only between 13 and 14
- Occasional starting trouble: the engine would crank but wouldn't start until after a few attempts. This would happen both in cold and warm conditions.

The SA called on Friday evening telling me that the job is done.
Results:
- Combination switch replaced under warranty (FOC)
- Starting trouble attributed to a weakening battery. Advised to replace in a few months.
- Cleaned air filters and something else. Spark plugs reported to be fine.

I don't know what else they have done but even my wife noticed that the car is lot more smoother and responsive than before. I will continue checking mileage and hope that the mileage has gone up.

The battery was manufactured in 2010 so it's about 3 years old. Has anybody else replaced their battery early? When I have to replace, I'm considering upsizing the battery from 25 Ah to 35 Ah. The cost difference is marginal. Any experiences here with that here?

Concorde also washed the car, cleaned the cabin, polished the dashboard and tyres. All free of charge and a good job too . Thanks, Concorde!

Incidentally, Concorde have renovated their Dairy circle showroom fully. The service lounge has a large status display, comfortable chairs and an espresso machine! I even got an SMS from Tata about the car being booked for service. No follow up or status update SMS, so I don't know what use that is.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 11:38   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
. Has anybody else replaced their battery early? When I have to replace, I'm considering upsizing the battery from 25 Ah to 35 Ah. The cost difference is marginal. Any experiences here with that here?
Pls check Raju prabat's battery replacing experience few posts before this.he got a 32Ah though.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:29   #334
BHPian

The starting issues that I described 2 posts above are continuing intermittently and randomly. The engine normally starts within less than 2 seconds of cranking, roughly about between 3 to 5 cranks (what one can hear). But sometimes it doesn't start even after 10 cranks or about 4 to 5 seconds of cranking. The cranking speed seems to be normal and consistent throughout this period. So I am very skeptical of the SA advice that the battery is weak. They also claimed to have checked the fuel pump and starter motor.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? If you have, have you found a solution yet?

Thanks.
Motard_Blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 00:06   #335
Senior - BHPian

we have replaced the battery after 3 years. But i wanted to put a dry battery made by amaron. but the damn size is only available with yuasha tata. and its very expensive too.

So your issue is it cranks but does not start. ?

Ours was it used to make a noise like starter motor was revving freely. so I even did not suspect the battery. But when i jump started it with maruti it started all right. also it started by rolling down hill. So i replaced the battery and its smooth ever since.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 01:54   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
...also it started by rolling down hill. So i replaced the battery and its smooth ever since.
I don't think you should push start it like old school cars, it could damage the catalytic convertor. Please check with the manual and/or the service advisor if its advisable to do that.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 02:49   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I don't think you should push start it like old school cars, it could damage the catalytic convertor. Please check with the manual and/or the service advisor if its advisable to do that.
if your old friend called in the morning, which is already going to be busy further, you are late.

you will make the car start or you worry about environment. ?

BTW i have my own opinion on environment, nature has its own way of replenishing itself.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:33   #338
Senior - BHPian

***OT Post***

Can someone recommend the best TASC/FNG for the Nano in Bangalore please? I have picked up a 2012 Cx with 11k kms on the odo and it needs a complete service and tightening of many bolts and nuts.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:17   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
***OT Post***

Can someone recommend the best TASC/FNG for the Nano in Bangalore please? I have picked up a 2012 Cx with 11k kms on the odo and it needs a complete service and tightening of many bolts and nuts.
I recommend the concorde at dairy circle.Awesome service.
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:35   #340
BHPian

Quote:
I recommend the concorde at dairy circle.Awesome service.
This will seem ironic after my last post.3 weeks back I had some AC belt noise.I had promptly taken it to concorde(running repair), left the keys there and appraised the service reception of the problem.Later in the evening they called me back and said that they had tightened the belt.when I we went there and the started the vehicle, the same noise was still there.The service advisor told me to drop it for a full day after taking appointment.A week later I took an appointment and dropped it off for two whole days.This time, in addition to the belt noise, I requested them to check out the suspension, because it seemed to rattle every time I go over rough roads.Two days later, they called and said vehicle is ready.They said that all suspensions were removed, checked and tightened.Also my steering column was replaced under warranty.AC belt? Tightened.Cost=0.
I had to drive to kerala the next day, so didn't bother to push further.Next morning, there was some extra hissing noise from the silencer area.Since I had to travel 600km with a wife and 1yr Son, I again took it to concorde, who assigned a road tester to me.this guy said there was no abnormal noise from the exhaust.Took it to kerala, parked overnight and then next day morning, the belt noise was back, and more prominent.:banghead:
Drove it back on monday.Also now my rear right wheel has started wearing out(result of suspension removal and refitting?).When the service feedback call came yesterday, I complained.The concorde person came today and has taken my car for repair.
I would give concorde full marks for the politeness and promptness, but the problem resolution is still not satisfying.even after three days they are not able to solve the issue.
Lets see what happens this time.
Old 17th March 2014, 17:21   #341
BHPian

Quote:
I had some AC belt noise....even after three days they are not able to solve the issue.
Lets see what happens this time.
They took 5 more days.Now the noise is not there.Turned out they found some sand near the belt pulley,cleaned it and put it back.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 14:09   #342
BHPian

I have noticed the following issues in my 2010 Nano LX:
1.Clutch is very hard and erratic- this was addressed after changing the wire.
2.Peculiar noise from the steering column when the car is driven over an uneven surface. I tried to get this resolved but the ASC could not diagnose the source.
3. Slight dashboard and door pad rattles,even though the car has been cared for meticulously.
Other than these minor flaws it is a very capable vehicle and the driving position is amazing. It is just that the initial models produced have some niggles which were addressed only in the 2012 model.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2014, 09:22   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I have noticed the following issues in my 2010 Nano LX:
1.Clutch is very hard and erratic- this was addressed after changing the wire.
The clutch does get really hard! The A.S.S in Hyderabad was trying to convince me that the clutch pressure plate, release bearing etc needs to be changed. However I suspect that it could be just the cable. My suspicion that the A.S.S is just trying to bill me more came true when I went to fix another problem at that time. The quotation for the clutch assembly replacement was upwards of Rs.4500.

The other problem that I went to the A.S.S was the fuse near the battery issue which was diagnosed and replaced. But I was shocked by the bill be gave me for this fuse. Rs.650!!
If electricals could be this expensive I should seriously consider using the A.S.S for such issues in a car like Nano.
Cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 13:54   #344
BHPian

Recently had pathetic experience at dhingra motors in gurgaon. Went for Ac checkup of nano. They did nothing and then charged me 1800 for gas top up. Claimed they just added more gas. They did not even bother to call and inform me before filling and getting the additional on estimate. It's a cheating workshop. Please stay away.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 14:03   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Recently had pathetic experience at dhingra motors in gurgaon. Went for Ac checkup of nano. They did nothing and then charged me 1800 for gas top up. Claimed they just added more gas. They did not even bother to call and inform me before filling and getting the additional on estimate. It's a cheating workshop. Please stay away.
If it is a Tata ASC, I suggest you should write to the complaint cell of Tata motors through their website.
Any work that needs to be done on your car needs to be signed and sanctioned by you through their job card, even if they missed out something while preparing the job card they should call you and get permission before they do any sort of work. The experience you went through is unprofessional.
msaudf is offline   Reply With Quote