Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 10:44   #376
BHPian
 
Cuatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 48
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post

Please have a look. I recorded the sound. The car just started once. No luck after that. The alternator belt seems to be in place.

I had a very similar experience, Aditya. Since you say that
- the alternator belt is in place
- Battery is fully charged and working

I would narrow it to the fuse issue near the battery. the only way you can get this fixed is by going to a service station. I had "push" started the car and then took it to the service center. You can easily push start the car with the help of just one more person as the car is just 600+ kilos.
Cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 09:38   #377
BHPian
 
turbodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chinchwad-Pune
Posts: 90
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

I had faced 2 minor issues in our Tata Nano LX 2012. They are back again to haunt me .

First one is rear left side door lock does not open with the central lock. It gets locked properly but I have to lift it up manually to open the door. It was solved by Balaji Cars successfully. This month its there again.

Another problem was rainwater leaking in heavy rains. Front right door rubber seal was found faulty. It was replaced that time and car was dry. But last week I found water under driver side floor mat. Other parts of car were found dry.

Both these problems are back and since I am busy I can't take even the car to service centre till 27th Sept as this weekend I will be travelling by train and have no time to go to service centre.

Can some expert tell me what's the problem with the door lock? Do I need to replace the entire assembly of rear left door to get this problem solved?
turbodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 10:25   #378
BHPian
 
Cuatro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 48
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
I had faced 2 minor issues in our Tata Nano LX 2012. They are back again to haunt me .

Can some expert tell me what's the problem with the door lock? Do I need to replace the entire assembly of rear left door to get this problem solved?
Turbodude - I am currently facing a similar problem with the driver side door, but nothing serious. It just gets stuck once in a while but when I push the inside lever(handle used to open from inside car) , it closes correctly. I had addressed this as an issue with A.S.S, btu they advised, if it gets serious please get it back and they would fix it. So far so good. I hope I dont face any issues with this.

But, in your case, the only way is to address it at the service center. Also, I dont think it's not repairable. It just seems to be a loose component. My guess is that a replacement is not necessary. But anyways, get it checked at the service center for a quick fix when you get the time.
Cuatro is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 13:48   #379
BHPian
 
msaudf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 256
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post

Please have a look. I recorded the sound. The car just started once. No luck after that. The alternator belt seems to be in place.
The problem is with the Starter motor itself, but before you go do so, it is worth checking the problem with another battery. The Nano's starter motor is very sensitive to ampere, a slightly low battery can cause the starter motor to not work and just make this noise. You may have full power at the lights or horn and any other electrical part, but they only require lower ampere than the starter and will function without any glitch.

If the problem is present even after trying with another battery, then it surely is a faulty starter motor. I faced a similar issue with our nano and replaced the starter motor 2 times.
msaudf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 14:06   #380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 177
Thanked: 130 Times
Unhappy Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

I am facing a problem with the indicator/headlight stalk on my Nano since yesterday night. While driving at night I had on an occasion pulled the stalk to signal a high beam. After that, it just refused to move back to low beam. After a couple of toggles, the beam came back to low (or I thought so), but the high beam indicator remained active on the dashboard.

Around the same time, I got an acidic smell similar to burning rubber/plastic. I thought it was from outside, but after sometime had a doubt if it was from the AC. Switched off the blower and rolled down the windows. Kept noticing the smell every time the window was raised and the blower was kept on.

I reached home and went on to switch off the headlight. But the high beam was still on. Only the low beam filament was tuning off. Whatever toggling I did with the stalk did not help me. The high beam was still on and the high beam indicator was also active on the dashboard.

Somehow after 10-15 mins it just got switched off. Now the low beam controls, turn indicator, wiper and wiper wash functions are working fine. Its just that the high beam controls are messed up. Have to take it to TATA ASS tomorrow.

Have anyone faced such an issue before? It is the burning smell which worries me the most. Hope it gets resolved in warranty as well.

Last edited by kutts : 19th September 2014 at 14:07.
kutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 14:15   #381
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 2,970
Thanked: 3,063 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
Have anyone faced such an issue before? It is the burning smell which worries me the most. Hope it gets resolved in warranty as well.
Did you upgrade your headlamp bulbs? Even if not, for some reason, the control stalk seems fried to me. Physical examination would reveal the real cause but by reading about the issue, I think that the stalk control is fried due to overload or poor QC. The burning smell that you noticed must be of the plastic. Also get the headlamp wiring checked so as to know the underlying cause if the stalk failed indeed.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 01:07   #382
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: India
Posts: 331
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post

Have anyone faced such an issue before? It is the burning smell which worries me the most. Hope it gets resolved in warranty as well.
I haven't faced any burning smell, but something similar had happened to my wiper stalk. It gradually stopped working over the span of a week.

The Concorde motors folks were the only guys who had in stock in Pune then. Had to spend around RS.1200 incl labour to replace it.

If you think(as I did) that only the faulty stalk will be replaced, you will be surprised :-)

Think of a scooter handle- that's what the stalks look like. The left side and the rt. side stalks are one complete unit. So the whole thing will be changed.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 23:06   #383
BHPian
 
aditya.bhardwaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 179
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
The problem is with the Starter motor itself, but before you go do so, it is worth checking the problem with another battery. The Nano's starter motor is very sensitive to ampere, a slightly low battery can cause the starter motor to not work and just make this noise. You may have full power at the lights or horn and any other electrical part, but they only require lower ampere than the starter and will function without any glitch.

If the problem is present even after trying with another battery, then it surely is a faulty starter motor. I faced a similar issue with our nano and replaced the starter motor 2 times.
Thanks. I got the issue sorted today. There was a problem with a starter relay. They replaced it ( under warranty ) and now my nano purrs again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I am facing a problem with the indicator/headlight stalk on my Nano since yesterday night. While driving at night I had on an occasion pulled the stalk to signal a high beam. After that, it just refused to move back to low beam. After a couple of toggles, the beam came back to low (or I thought so), but the high beam indicator remained active on the dashboard.

Around the same time, I got an acidic smell similar to burning rubber/plastic. I thought it was from outside, but after sometime had a doubt if it was from the AC. Switched off the blower and rolled down the windows. Kept noticing the smell every time the window was raised and the blower was kept on.

I reached home and went on to switch off the headlight. But the high beam was still on. Only the low beam filament was tuning off. Whatever toggling I did with the stalk did not help me. The high beam was still on and the high beam indicator was also active on the dashboard.

Somehow after 10-15 mins it just got switched off. Now the low beam controls, turn indicator, wiper and wiper wash functions are working fine. Its just that the high beam controls are messed up. Have to take it to TATA ASS tomorrow.

Have anyone faced such an issue before? It is the burning smell which worries me the most. Hope it gets resolved in warranty as well.
I had a similar experience. I had to indicate left but instead of the indicator, headlight used to blink and the control stalk was very hard to operate. The dealership changed it under AMC. Since then no issues.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 10:55   #384
BHPian
 
Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MegaBHPian* at Hyderabad
Posts: 252
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Guys,

Based on the niggles and issues listed here, do you still recommend buying a Nano Twist XT?

Thanks.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 19:23   #385
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 343
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneyjacob View Post
Has anyone played around with Nano's OBD port ? I tried reading using a Vgate scan hardware (picture given). But I am not able to connect it with any of the apps in play store.

Is the protocol in Nano different ?
It works on the Nano with the Bosch Fun2drive and the torque Pro app for me. I used the same OBD adaptor too
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 19:28   #386
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 343
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Guys,

Based on the niggles and issues listed here, do you still recommend buying a Nano Twist XT?

Thanks.
The 4yr warranty of the Nano takes care of the issues. It's really a blessing in the city. Cheap to run, fun to drive, ultimate VFM. I have gone through most (few?) of the niggles mentioned here, and am still a Fan, because mostly the problems are solved immediately and for free.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 08:20   #387
BHPian
 
alphahere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: KA-51,KL-07
Posts: 201
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Guys,

Based on the niggles and issues listed here, do you still recommend buying a Nano Twist XT?

Thanks.
I am the "proud" owner of a Dazzle Blue Nano Twist XT. I am sharing a few of my observations on this vehicle since I have done 2 months and 2500 km with this car now. Hope this will help owners and prospects in their usage and decision. I went for this car after a few test drives from different dealers so that I could experience more than one car. The feel you get with different cars is different strangely in Tata, maybe due to irregular QC!

1. The power steering is very light compared to other cars. A boon when you drive in clogged B'lore roads. But to twirl it with your palm, a steering cover will have to be installed as there is no grip between your palm and the wheel. Also the wheel is placed lower and seat on the higher side. Some guys may feel as if the wheel is sitting on their lap!

2. The famed power steering has a feature called active return where it supposedly helps the driver by returning the wheel to the centre using the power steering motor. I never felt this work while taking slow and tight U turns. It always seems to work when traveling straight at 40 - 50 kms/hr on a sideways slanting road. There is a click sound from the motor kicking in and the steering wheel tends to keep a little off from the centre position. The driver has to spend effort to keep it at the centre till the time the vehicle comes to a standstill. If the wheel is left as it is the vehicle heads into the divider as if the alignment is off! And this happens quite randomly.

3. I got my car with JK Ultima LXT wheels which are really crappy. One of the back tyre seem to have a manufacturing defect as in the centre of the tread is recessed and the two outer edges of the tread are pushed out like an inverted U. Planning to junk these and go for some better brand by 10k kms.

4. The rear suspension seems to be very noisy on less than smooth roads even if the vehicle is driven at 1-2 km/hr. Something like a rattling+squeaking sound is coming from day 1 when I got this car. I am unable to place if this is coming from the suspension or from the crappy JKs.

5. The AC is OK and does not make you sweat. It does not chill either! Seems to have a very conservative cut off point. You can hear the compressor cutting off quite soon after you switch it on. It might have been done like this in the interest of economy.

6. Yesterday the car refused to start on me in the centre of the road after switching it off at a traffic light. The main power went dead when I cranked and I could not even switch on the hazard lights. And all this at 9pm in a dark stretch of MG Road in B'lore. Thankfully fiddling with the connectors on the battery under the drivers seat brought back the main power online and it started again. Looks like there is a loose connection on the battery which I need to fix today.

7. Rattles are quite common here. Some rattles are heard only during the day whereas some other rattles are reserved for the nigh time! I have decided to live with these if I am unable to fix them myself as they seem harmless. Don't want to report these and make the SS guys take apart the dashboard which might lead to more problems.

8. Careful with the brakes on this one. They bite quite good and the vehicle stops quite well and in a straight line. But I feel they cannot handle an emergency braking situation. Thy feel like a rock under sudden braking and you feel as if the power booster is dead. The travel of the pedals is longer too when compared to other cars.

9. The MID displays a fuel average of 16-17 km/l with AC in the city and 19-20 km/l without AC for me. The trick to get better mileage out of nano is to ensure that the vehicle is always moving while the engine is running. If left idling at intersections, the fuel average will be about same as any other car in the market. And give her a bit of open road to stretch her legs and the figure shoots up!

10. The fuel tank is too small. A refuel is called for every 240 kms or so. The tank takes around 15 litres if fully topped up from reserve. Wish the range was a bit more. Also the DTE reading has a minimum of 25 kms. If the value goes below 25 kms, the display changes to "refuel". Very inconvenient.

11. No day-night inside RVM as standard. Very difficult to drive at night with other headlights from the rear in your eyes. So I went hunting for one and finally found a day-night mirror from Concorde Motors Dairy circle. Cost Rs 440.

12. Randomly the car takes longer cranks to start. It usually starts in 3-4 revolutions of the starter motor. But at times it takes about 7-8 revolutions to start. Very randomly and when it happens the difference is noticeable. Read this issue somewhere else in this thread too. The starter motor has a protection mechanism too which is good for a car in this class. Once the engine starts the starter disengages by itself even if you keep the key at the cranking position! This helps to prevent accidental double cranks too. I once heard a valet double crank a Honda Amaze!

13. The top speed is an indicated 110 km/hr. The check engine light blinks at about 105 km/hr. If you keep going she crosses 110 km/hr but the accelerator input gets overridden by the ECU at about 112 km/hr and it falls back to 110 km/hr. Accelerator pedal input is restored again and this keeps repeating. Brilliant way of indicating don't push your luck!

14. The fourth gear is really tall and is suitable only for highways. It is good to use only from 60 km/hr. She actually feels quite relaxed cruising at 80 - 90 km/hr in 4th.

15. Handling is very nimble due to the power steering and you can weave in and out of traffic in a jiffy. There is almost always a place for nano in traffic jams which cannot be used by bigger cars! Body roll is also well controlled and does not really scare the wits out of you like say in a Wagon R. Probably due to the rear engine layout in this tall boy design.

16. Another very important pointer to nano users is to remember never to lift the car up on posts or jack up at any point other than the specified lifting points below the floor of the car. The rear of the car is so heavy that the bottom ridge below the running board where the spot welding of the panel is done will buckle inwards if lifted up by this area. Almost everyone tries to lift the car this way and I am a victim. Extra caution warranted at tyre wallahs.

In conclusion the vehicle is a good deal for the price paid but being prepared for a few niggles is necessary if you really want to enjoy the car. It serves its purpose well and the user just needs to be aware of its limitations. First time car owners may expect more which may not be fulfilled by this car but as a city car it is just excellent. And of course the quality issues that plague Tata cars is still very much present. Just that it has been made more liveable with. To be honest I am a fan of the nano now after using it though I was a bit apprehensive earlier. A few pictures below..

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20140803_183539.jpg
The twist badging at the rear..

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20140803_183516.jpg
XT for Xtreme?

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20140803_183731.jpg
All black interiors with body colour bezels only for Dazzle Blue! Has caught many an eye at parking lots! Foam cover for heater tubes visible.

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20140803_183440.jpg
Crappy JK tyres. Alloys an approved accessory from dealer. Meeting up with her elder brother in front!

TATA nano - List of ALL issues-20140807_220303.jpg
A view of the console lighting at night. Even backlighting. The power window switches behind the gear lever are also lit. Not visible in this pic.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th October 2014 at 07:46.
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 18:15   #388
BHPian
 
Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MegaBHPian* at Hyderabad
Posts: 252
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
...
In conclusion the vehicle is a good deal for the price paid but being prepared for a few niggles is necessary if you really want to enjoy the car. It serves its purpose well and the user just needs to be aware of its limitations. First time car owners may expect more which may not be fulfilled by this car but as a city car it is just excellent. And of course the quality issues that plague Tata cars is still very much present. Just that it has been made more liveable with. To be honest I am a fan of the nano now after using it though I was a bit apprehensive earlier. A few pictures below..
Thank you alphahere.

Got my Nano now: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post3560144 (Tata Nano vs Maruti Alto vs Chevrolet Spark)
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 19:07   #389
BHPian
 
alphahere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: KA-51,KL-07
Posts: 201
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Congratulations on your new car..Wish you happy mile crunching with it. Keep sharing your experiences with the nano! Do share a picture or two!
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 23:11   #390
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 447
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Congrats on the new car. I also took delivery of a new Nano Twist around the end of September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
1. The power steering is very light compared to other cars. A boon when you drive in clogged B'lore roads. But to twirl it with your palm, a steering cover will have to be installed as there is no grip between your palm and the wheel. Also the wheel is placed lower and seat on the higher side. Some guys may feel as if the wheel is sitting on their lap!

2. The famed power steering has a feature called active return where it supposedly helps the driver by returning the wheel to the centre using the power steering motor. I never felt this work while taking slow and tight U turns. It always seems to work when traveling straight at 40 - 50 kms/hr on a sideways slanting road. There is a click sound from the motor kicking in and the steering wheel tends to keep a little off from the centre position. The driver has to spend effort to keep it at the centre till the time the vehicle comes to a standstill. If the wheel is left as it is the vehicle heads into the divider as if the alignment is off! And this happens quite randomly.

3. I got my car with JK Ultima LXT wheels which are really crappy. One of the back tyre seem to have a manufacturing defect as in the centre of the tread is recessed and the two outer edges of the tread are pushed out like an inverted U. Planning to junk these and go for some better brand by 10k kms.

4. The rear suspension seems to be very noisy on less than smooth roads even if the vehicle is driven at 1-2 km/hr. Something like a rattling+squeaking sound is coming from day 1 when I got this car. I am unable to place if this is coming from the suspension or from the crappy JKs.

5. The AC is OK and does not make you sweat. It does not chill either! Seems to have a very conservative cut off point. You can hear the compressor cutting off quite soon after you switch it on. It might have been done like this in the interest of economy.

6. Yesterday the car refused to start on me in the centre of the road after switching it off at a traffic light. The main power went dead when I cranked and I could not even switch on the hazard lights. And all this at 9pm in a dark stretch of MG Road in B'lore. Thankfully fiddling with the connectors on the battery under the drivers seat brought back the main power online and it started again. Looks like there is a loose connection on the battery which I need to fix today.

7. Rattles are quite common here. Some rattles are heard only during the day whereas some other rattles are reserved for the nigh time! I have decided to live with these if I am unable to fix them myself as they seem harmless. Don't want to report these and make the SS guys take apart the dashboard which might lead to more problems.

8. Careful with the brakes on this one. They bite quite good and the vehicle stops quite well and in a straight line. But I feel they cannot handle an emergency braking situation. Thy feel like a rock under sudden braking and you feel as if the power booster is dead. The travel of the pedals is longer too when compared to other cars.

9. The MID displays a fuel average of 16-17 km/l with AC in the city and 19-20 km/l without AC for me. The trick to get better mileage out of nano is to ensure that the vehicle is always moving while the engine is running. If left idling at intersections, the fuel average will be about same as any other car in the market. And give her a bit of open road to stretch her legs and the figure shoots up!

10. The fuel tank is too small. A refuel is called for every 240 kms or so. The tank takes around 15 litres if fully topped up from reserve. Wish the range was a bit more. Also the DTE reading has a minimum of 25 kms. If the value goes below 25 kms, the display changes to "refuel". Very inconvenient.

11. No day-night inside RVM as standard. Very difficult to drive at night with other headlights from the rear in your eyes. So I went hunting for one and finally found a day-night mirror from Concorde Motors Dairy circle. Cost Rs 440.

12. Randomly the car takes longer cranks to start. It usually starts in 3-4 revolutions of the starter motor. But at times it takes about 7-8 revolutions to start. Very randomly and when it happens the difference is noticeable. Read this issue somewhere else in this thread too. The starter motor has a protection mechanism too which is good for a car in this class. Once the engine starts the starter disengages by itself even if you keep the key at the cranking position! This helps to prevent accidental double cranks too. I once heard a valet double crank a Honda Amaze!

13. The top speed is an indicated 110 km/hr. The check engine light blinks at about 105 km/hr. If you keep going she crosses 110 km/hr but the accelerator input gets overridden by the ECU at about 112 km/hr and it falls back to 110 km/hr. Accelerator pedal input is restored again and this keeps repeating. Brilliant way of indicating don't push your luck!

14. The fourth gear is really tall and is suitable only for highways. It is good to use only from 60 km/hr. She actually feels quite relaxed cruising at 80 - 90 km/hr in 4th.

15. Handling is very nimble due to the power steering and you can weave in and out of traffic in a jiffy. There is almost always a place for nano in traffic jams which cannot be used by bigger cars! Body roll is also well controlled and does not really scare the wits out of you like say in a Wagon R. Probably due to the rear engine layout in this tall boy design.

16. Another very important pointer to nano users is to remember never to lift the car up on posts or jack up at any point other than the specified lifting points below the floor of the car. The rear of the car is so heavy that the bottom ridge below the running board where the spot welding of the panel is done will buckle inwards if lifted up by this area. Almost everyone tries to lift the car this way and I am a victim. Extra caution warranted at tyre wallahs.

In conclusion the vehicle is a good deal for the price paid but being prepared for a few niggles is necessary if you really want to enjoy the car. It serves its purpose well and the user just needs to be aware of its limitations. First time car owners may expect more which may not be fulfilled by this car but as a city car it is just excellent. And of course the quality issues that plague Tata cars is still very much present. Just that it has been made more liveable with. To be honest I am a fan of the nano now after using it though I was a bit apprehensive earlier. A few pictures below..


[/b]
1. Quite right. I fitted a steering cover the first day.
2. Not noticed this.
3. I was "lucky" to get the MRF's on mine. I had JK on the last car. They are rubbish. Don't wait till 10K. Change them now. You might get some small buy back. I am still debating whether to keep the MRF's (they are strictly OK) or change the rear to Yoko's. The front tyre size are only made by JK and MRF so don't think there's any point.
4. Not at all. Get it checked please.
5. Surprised to hear this. All (well, most) Nano AC's are chillers. Mine fogs up the windows on "1" setting and I have to reduce the cooling. Was good but not so good on my last Nano. Again, get it checked. This is one of the USP's of the Nano.
6. This should not happen on a new car. Again, get it checked.
7. I tend to agree but again, why rattles on a new car? Can you be present and supervise them while they are doing the job?
8. Brakes do take a bit of getting used to but once you do it's not a problem.
9. Max I have seen so far is 18.5Kmpl.
10. Agreed.
11. I took the one off my old car and fitted it on the new car while doing the exchange Saved Rs. 440!!
12. Nope. Should not happen. Starts at first attempt. Again, get it checked.
Do not put up with this starter motor issue. If necessary change it under warranty. I did on my last car.

So far I have only done 500Kms. No real issues to talk about. Quite happy with the car - so far. Hope my luck holds!!

BTW, nice alloys. I have the same but in silver. The black looks good.
All the best and drive safe.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Nano - Official Accessories List! abs The Indian Car Scene 47 20th November 2016 21:23
A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano novice_alto Travelogues 11 28th September 2014 15:19
Tata Nano - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 1 24th June 2011 19:37
The Tata Nano Gamble - how many Nano Tatas will have to sell agentsmith2 The Indian Car Scene 41 28th October 2009 13:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks