Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd May 2015, 07:08   #421
BHPian

I faced same cutoff problem. You would need to wash radiator and condensor, clean filter and thermostat.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:48   #422
BHPian

Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
The steering rod runs in between, not sure if i would be able to pull out the filter.
I doubt if it is behind the steering rod. Since filters require regular cleaning , it might be easily accessible . Try searching it behind the passenger side dash. I am sorry , unable to make out much from the attached pic. A screw seems to be missing. Did you try to open the cover ?
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:53   #423
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to do this. But had a lot of trouble finding the location of the filter. After going through some threads here and searching online, got info that the filter is located under the dash on the driver's side near the clutch. But not sure if im looking at the right spot.
Anyone tried this on a Nano Twist?. The steering rod runs in between, not sure if i would be able to pull out the filter.
I have been doing this every 4months in my Nano and it keeps the ac working like new. Don't worry about the steering rod, just unscrew the two screws (most difficult part of the job as normal size star screwdrivers are bit too long) and pull out the filter. I won't break as it is very flexible .

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd May 2015 at 19:46. Reason: quote fixed
kkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015, 23:41   #424
BHPian

As Nano GenX launch is fast approaching, Tata dealers are offering really huge discounts on Twist. Macro Ventures, Mohali, Punjab has promised me a cash discount of at least 55K+alloy wheels+body graphics on Twist. The total on-road cost is coming out to be 2,20,000 approx. At this price it's a steal.

Now, having gone through this 28 page long discussion on Nano issues, I am totally confused on weather to buy it or not. This car is going to be used solely by my wife in city with the daily mileage going to be around 30-40 kms. If it would have been for me, I would have bought it eyes closed, but for wify I fear if it is a safe bet or not. Basically, it is the reliability and out of the blue issues that crop up I am scared of. Please advise.
jeepster_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015, 23:49   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
Please advise
That indeed looks to be a great deal. Please make sure the manufacturing year of the vehicle is not 2013. I guess its likely to be 2014.

I have never faced any sudden issues from Nano. Of course my driving is less than what you have mentioned. Even then, Nano's Gold AMC and Road Side Assistance is very effective and should take care, should any issue arise.

But do check out the new AMT too, its vastly improved over the Twist as well!
avingodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 10:10   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
That indeed looks to be a great deal. Please make sure the manufacturing year of the vehicle is not 2013. I guess its likely to be 2014.

I have never faced any sudden issues from Nano. Of course my driving is less than what you have mentioned. Even then, Nano's Gold AMC and Road Side Assistance is very effective and should take care, should any issue arise.

But do check out the new AMT too, its vastly improved over the Twist as well!
Much Thanks for taking time to respond. I have inquired with the dealer (haven't verified myself though), it is a 2015 manufactured Purple Nano However, dealer is denying about the availability of AMC for Nano which I believe isn't true. I will be taking my dad for a test drive in a day or two and once he is also convinced, I will get it right away. It is a matter of days now.
jeepster_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 20:41   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My post regarding the above issue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3201660
Thanks for the information john doe. Had this rectified by the Service center. The issue is that, these guys have 2 post lifts and 4 post lifts in service bays. The arm in the 2 post lifts are no adjustable and hence caused the issue. Went into the workshop to check this out. Next time will mention this while leaving the car for service.
knaveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:11   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I doubt if it is behind the steering rod. Since filters require regular cleaning , it might be easily accessible . Try searching it behind the passenger side dash. I am sorry , unable to make out much from the attached pic. A screw seems to be missing. Did you try to open the cover ?
This is indeed the right location. But due to the packaging in Nano, it is difficult to access. The screw is missed due to angle when the picture was taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
I have been doing this every 4months in my Nano and it keeps the ac working like new. Don't worry about the steering rod, just unscrew the two screws (most difficult part of the job as normal size star screwdrivers are bit too long) and pull out the filter. I won't break as it is very flexible .
Thanks. Will try this.
knaveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 14:38   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Finally was able to unscrew the filter. Whoa, this is indeed very difficult. But the filter looked as good as new. Hence did not remove it completely. Guess the next thing is to wash/clean the condenser.
Attached Images

knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 10:00   #430
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a GenX Nano XT (Manual). Asking fellow BHPians to guide me, whether an aftermarket rear power windows kit is available and recommended.
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 11:13   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I have booked a GenX Nano XT (Manual). Asking fellow BHPians to guide me, whether an aftermarket rear power windows kit is available and recommended.
Congratulations on your booking. How long is the wait time at your place? Which colour and variant?
Yes, available with the dealer shop itself or any car accessory car shop can do it for you. Recommendation - I don't find any reason why you should not install it if it is available and affordable.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 11:17   #432
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, @ilangop,

Fortunately, the variant XT and the Silver colour I want, is in stock. So, as soon as the loan is done, I can pick it up.

I checked with the dealer, they say, for the rear, Power Windows aren't available. I am yet to check with the local accessories shop.
Old 25th May 2015, 17:09   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Asking fellow BHPians to guide me, whether an aftermarket rear power windows kit is available and recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Yes, available with the dealer shop itself or any car accessory car shop can do it for you. Recommendation - I don't find any reason why you should not install it if it is available and affordable.
One of the reasons for the fire incidents in the first Nano's was the after market fitment of ICE and other paraphernalia. If you are getting any rear power window work done, please, I beg you, please get it done only after it comes to the Tata Authorized Dealers, that too with a bill for proof.

Also doing aftermarket changes to the wiring leads to loss of warranty coverage. I recommend that you hold on. The rear windows are very easy to raise manually anyway.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 19:08   #434
Senior - BHPian

You are right. I would not take a risk by getting an aftermarket power windows from outside. I have heard of the fires and how every single time the blame lies on after markets fitment.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:58   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Thought it was something like a resonating noise at a specific speed. But here it completely stops when the car is stationary and starts as soon as the car moves (even less than 10kmph) and continues to annoy. After sometime it disappears and later re-appears .
Let me find if i can drilldown to the cost. I had the same thought of opening the dashboard, but i was worried of something else going wrong. This seems to be emanating from behind the speedo console. Do these units use electronic sensors or the normal Pinion driven speedometers? The noise happens just after i start rolling forward and continues even in idle/neutral.
@knaveen,

Does this sound metallic and is more pronounced during braking esp a little hard braking? In that case it might be an issue with the shocks. I had this issue and they identified it as a shocks issue, which they changed during second service. As for me the issue still remains because i do not know what they have replaced.
kutoos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote