Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th November 2016, 20:14   #541
BHPian

Default TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
After getting the car back, we have observed that the power is lacking.

Did the problem resolve? If not and it's just a guess, but perhaps you could try doing an ECU reset. Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 15-20 minutes and reconnect. The ECU will recalibrate for the new sensor as you drive around for some time and might function accordingly.
Tanmay K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 11:15   #542
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

My Nano overheated yesterday, there was beep warning sound and the overheat sign on the meter lit-up. Checked the coolant level, it was at minimum, any clues?
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2017, 17:26   #543
BHPian

Default Re: TATA nano - List of ALL issues

Very disappointed with my Nano Twist XT. Bought a 2014 August car done 4K kms in July 2016. It had extended warranty so I purchased it. Just 6 months of use and 6k kms later the car has the following issues-

1. Left front shocker replacement.
2. Front wheel bearings replacement.
3. Gear oil leakage.

The current ODO is at 9781 kms. The right shocker was replaced sometime back as I had hit a big stone and the right tyre went over it. This happened when a car Waiting on the road side suddenly took a u-turn. This was done at my FNG.

I thought my driving went wrong until today morning when I interacted with a few nano owners at Concorde Baner in Pune. All of them had suspension related issues within one year of ownership. My WagonR and Corolla have been driving 90% of the time by me and have faced no such issues. But the Nano had major replacements even before hitting the 10k kms mark. Overall I am very disappointed with TML quality. The only reason I had picked up the twist was because I thought there were major improvements and I wouldn't be facing quality related issues but I was wrong.

There was a lot of rush at the svc today so I got to interact with other vehicle owners too. All of us had one thing in common- our cars visited atleast twice apart from regular service to get niggles sorted. Nano may have some amazing features & it maybe a terrific package but at the end of the day the ownership experience is enhanced by the overall quality of the product and not the features. I was very close to picking up a zest in 2015. Glad I didn't.

On the good part, the SA called me to tell that he will be replacing everything under warranty. No mails and shouting at the customer care. I appreciate Tata for that but why should these issues arise in a car which never leaves city limits and has done just about 9.8k kms. My dad has asked me to sell the car after repairs but I guess I will wait till 2017 December. The warranty expires in 2018 August. If issues continue, I will be back to the japs.

The car has impressed my family as a perfect city car but these issues are frightening.

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 7th January 2017 at 17:28.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote