Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd June 2010, 20:04   #46
BHPian

my acc was debited Rs 27 when i filled up for 1000Rs using my ICICI debit card. Next time onwards im giving hard currency for sure
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 07:49   #47
BHPian

I fill only at IOCL bunks and I always use my CitiBank Credit Card for payments - no additional fee/charge/service-charge has ever been levied - IOCL and CitiBank have a tie-up.

My money earns interest in the bank account for 20 to 50 days from date of filling till the date I need to pay the amount to CitiBank.

But ... are we not deviating from the topic of thread ...
hyd_traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Don't know about debit cards but all PSU bunks charge a transaction fee for using credit cards.
Some card companies reimburse the charge if its a co-branded card
or if it is some 'special card'.
I meant the same thing. Reliance does not seem to have an arrangement with the Credit Card companies. The PSU bunks do have it.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 11:47   #49
BHPian

Default Re: Advantages of filling up from a Reliance Pump?

I only experienced the quality of fuel from Essar filling stations, had tested 5-6 times from same station with good results.
Sajuanchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 12:05   #50
BHPian

This discusion is not getting into right direction, please try these leads if you can proceed to destination:
1) High sulphur content Diesel have LESS lubricating quality & the engines need more care
2) The normal density of diesel is between 0.8360 -0.8410, if kerosine added the density changes (you can check the density on the disply alongside quantity/price disply in most stations)
3) The chances of additing kerosine to make more profits are high in most pumps except company operated , affects the mileage
4) If the kerosine content is more, your fuel pumps get problems frequently & also increases pollution.
Old 5th January 2011, 14:07   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I just checked. As per their site IOC is still selling BSII as XP!. http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf. The specs have not been updated since 2007!

Recently during a trip to Haryana I found a lot of Reliance Pumps coming up in Haryana and also as well approached the NCR. However, none were operational. MDA will not invest until he hopes to start them soon.

I did read somewhere that they will be (re)activated only when Diesel pricing is freed. Maybe this is the reason the Govt. is still giving the 'so called' subsidy on diesel.

Last edited by sgiitk : 5th January 2011 at 14:12.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 19:56   #52
BHPian

In my experience, I get best mileage from Reliance outlets and at a CO-Op society operated IOCL in Bangalore. Both are almost same or 5%+-.

However in 2 of the Reliance outlets (out around 10 pumps used ), I am not getting the mileage as like other pumps. Suspecting the quality of fuel dispensed there.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 14:23   #53
BHPian

Good day Mr.Sgiitk,
The so called subsidy is not on actual price.
The cost of diesel: Rs.23 +
Taxes(import &sale etc) :Rs.18
Transportation : Rs.1.5
Storing: Rs.1.0
Refinary profit : Rs.1.0
Road transport: Rs.0.5
Filling stn commission: Rs.0.5
Total : Rs.45.5
Subsidy :Rs.4.0
Cost at filling stn: Rs.41.5 (the calculation is approx)
Huge Import taxes + sale taxes are 34% whereas aviation fuel 7% only.
The sale tax 27% higher = Rs. 6.2 & reduce Rs.4.0 as subsidy for the oil govt companies.
Old 10th January 2011, 16:27   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuanchorage View Post
The so called subsidy is not on actual price.
The cost of diesel: Rs.23 +
Taxes(import &sale etc) :Rs.18
Transportation : Rs.1.5
Storing: Rs.1.0
Refinary profit : Rs.1.0
Road transport: Rs.0.5
Filling stn commission: Rs.0.5
Total : Rs.45.5
Subsidy :Rs.4.0
Cost at filling stn: Rs.41.5 (the calculation is approx)
Huge Import taxes + sale taxes are 34% whereas aviation fuel 7% only.
The sale tax 27% higher = Rs. 6.2 & reduce Rs.4.0 as subsidy for the oil govt companies.
You have answered your own point. I have highlighted the culprits in your post. In other words the govt. is taking Rs.18 as taxes and then giving less that 25% back as the so called subsidy.

So I repeat - Calling it a subsidy is a big CON.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:58   #55
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I had pleasant experience at all the pumps of Reliance Petro Marketing in Karnataka and Rajasthan. The attendents there were courteous and well-mannered.

I found a novel method of card payment there. After filling the petrol, the attendent asked me whether it was cash or card, and asked for the card, in case of card payment. When I gave my card, he swiped it at the hand-held unit. But he didn't enter the amount. Then, he filled up petrol, selected petrol and cancelled other purchases like lubricants in the hand-held unit and pressed the enter button. Voila! The amount was automatically taken by the system and the printed charge-slip popped out. He gave me the bill, charge-slip and my card. No manual entering of the amount, and hence, no room for mischief or mistake.

I use my Axis Bank Priority Debit Card [at the non-BP pumps] as no surcharge is charged.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 17:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up a VERY old thread.

Are there any confirmed sources/news about the possibility of Reliance opening up their pumps anytime soon?

Back in the days when Reliance was operational, their Aone plazas were the only places where we could get decent food and clean toilets and hopefully they can come back and start this again, now that they have an even playing field. When shell could survive the subsidy regime, I wonder why is Reliance not being prompt in reopening.

Mods - Please delete if this is inappropriate.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 19:29   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Are there any confirmed sources/news about the possibility of Reliance opening up their pumps anytime s.
Part of thr issue may be due to issue with comission sharing with dealers.

However closure of A1 plazas are not fuly related to bunk closure I guess. I have seen working A1 plazas along NH4 and NH 7, though bunks are closed.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 19:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Part of thr issue may be due to issue with comission sharing with dealers.

However closure of A1 plazas are not fuly related to bunk closure I guess. I have seen working A1 plazas along NH4 and NH 7, though bunks are closed.
You are correct, some of the A1 plazas are still operational but the hygiene is not a good as it used to be earlier, at least not in all the of them and that was my concern.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 15:00   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

I read somewhere that RIL is taking on the Sarkari OMCs in pricing, ie undercutting them. Any experience(s). For me the nearest RIL outlet is over 10km on the highway, so I cannot check out easily.
Old 6th January 2017, 15:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I read somewhere that RIL is taking on the Sarkari OMCs in pricing, ie undercutting them. Any experience(s). For me the nearest RIL outlet is over 10km on the highway, so I cannot check out easily.
I can confirm this. in Bangalore, on the way to the airport the reliance pump has a banner which prominently displays that they are selling diesel Rs.1 less than the market value. This is what a free market should ideally mean. what we have with OMC is organized cartel.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote