Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 31st October 2005, 23:20   #1

Angry Premium Vs Normal Fuel

I had this bad experience using premium fuel when I bought my new car. I was told it gives better efficiency and power because of the higher octane content. What actually happened was the reverse...the engine started knocking and it wouldnt pull at all like it used to(with normal fuel).

Later I was advised by the dealers that It's common and I need to go for the additives if I wanted more power/pull.
You know thats really bad considering the fact that you pay more for premium fuel

Has anyone else had a similar exp..??
Old 31st October 2005, 23:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3939
I had this bad experience using premium fuel when I bought my new car. I was told it gives better efficiency and power because of the higher octane content. What actually happened was the reverse...the engine started knocking and it wouldnt pull at all like it used to(with normal fuel).

Later I was advised by the dealers that It's common and I need to go for the additives if I wanted more power/pull.
You know thats really bad considering the fact that you pay more for premium fuel

Has anyone else had a similar exp..??
why cant u search b4 u post.

HOPE MODS WONT DEL MY POST

but aint me right? starting threads 4 nothing
Old 31st October 2005, 23:44   #3
Team-BHP Support

jkdas, you're spot on. X3939, please go through the posts before you start someting new.

Thread closed
Closed Thread