Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 24th June 2010, 20:34   #1
Default SKODA VRS lowering springs any problems

Hi Guys,
Would appreciate some feed back from anyone who has lowered a Skoda VRS using UK spec springs. Does the car end up scrapping the bottom at all the speed breakers as that could be a very serious issue on Mumbai roads. Just want to know from somebody who has already done it. I have Bilsteins with OE springs on my VRS presently. I am being told that the car will get lowered by about 15mm.
Any advice and feedback from users will be much appreciated.

Frank Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 16:32   #2

To have your doubt cleared you'll have to simply calculate the effective ground clearance after the lowering.I'm guessing the skoda octavia with 4 people in it will go down about 20mm in the rear and about 10mm in the front. with your new springs being 15mm lower than the Indian spec ones, its easy to predict that your car will scrape speed bumps.

but that can be avoided if you also fit stiffer dampers with your lower springs. i think they'll help..

msaudf is offline   Reply With Quote