Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th July 2010, 15:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
5) Damage to the Top gear in the gearbox.
OK, I admit that the engine would rev higher because of a faulty clutch plate(at the highest gear) when compared to good clutch plates.

But, how will that cause damage to the top gear ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 16:51   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

+1. Why would the top gear suffer ?
GTO : Simplest way to gauge is the clutch slipping. That is, when the rpm needle rises disproportionately higher than the speedometer.
GTO, one question :

My tacho & speedo readings are as before. But I feel the pickup has become a little soft. Also, the Sumo is jerky when I go up a ramp / incline, in first gear with zero acclerator. Why should this be ? This has started about 500 km back. Till recently, I used to go up ramps happily (like when coming out of basement parkings).
condor is offline   Reply With Quote