Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 11:52   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,248
Thanked: 340 Times
Default Write To Gurgaon Head Office

Hi guys,

I am sure you have gone through my thread 'Issues With Paint on My Swift' and I am sure you have seen the result. Please do not be made to believe that writing a letter/email to Maruti will go to deaf ears. I am proof that it does not and I am very very happy with the outcome.

I suggest all Swift owners with rusting issues write to Mr. Pankaj Narula - EO - Service.

Mr. Pankaj Narula
Executive Officer (Service)
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
Palam-Gurgaon Road,
Gurgaon – 122015
(Haryana)
pankaj.narula@maruti.co.in

Please ensure you attach pictures in your emails to him for reference and I am positive that your problems will be sorted just like mine.

Last edited by Epic : 30th June 2010 at 11:53.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 12:02   #17
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Blame it on the Bad QC.

If your car is under warranty , go get these things rectified and make sure you dont pay them a penny.

A new car rusting is not a good sign.
Yes, the car is under warranty for the first 4 years. A.S.S has confirmed that it will be a warranty repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The rusting is sure of manufacturing defect. How ever writing a mail will not help (most probably the mail will be to griveance cell or some one in head office) they will pass it on to concernd departments and then to to local rep of maruti in kerela , but still you should write for documentation. If you can catch hold of the service rep of maruti in kerla it would be better. Also inquire if else were are they facing the same issue (If they are probably they are working out a fix). I think maruti should pay for the repairs.

And secondly after all that is done, go for a professional rust preventing treatment done, that will save a lot of hassels in future. In fact if you negotiate well, this might also be given to you free of cost.

Also if nothing works, tell them I am going to press (auto mags) and to consumer court, that will sure work.
Of course, its a manufacturing defect. Since its a Maruti only, I am relying on e-mail. And the update is just now I received a call from Maruti regional office in Kochi. They enquired about the issue and has confirmed that there will be a call from the concerned department today itself and they may come for a physical inspection of the car. However I will be asking for a complete repair including anti rust treatment as a warranty job. This should not be the fate of a customer paying so much hard earned lakhs. If nothing works out, I may be going for a sue and will send around the pics to all auto mags.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 12:27   #18
BHPian
 
mnhegde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B E N G A L U R U
Posts: 473
Thanked: 0 Times
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Yes, the car is under warranty for the first 4 years. A.S.S has confirmed that it will be a warranty repair. Of course, its a manufacturing defect. Since its a Maruti only, I am relying on e-mail. And the update is just now I received a call from Maruti regional office in Kochi. They enquired about the issue and has confirmed that there will be a call from the concerned department today itself and they may come for a physical inspection of the car. However I will be asking for a complete repair including anti rust treatment as a warranty job. This should not be the fate of a customer paying so much hard earned lakhs. If nothing works out, I may be going for a sue and will send around the pics to all auto mags.
Wait for a call from the concerned department. I would suggest You to take some good snaps from every possible angle, mail them to Maruti, if possible with a link to this thread. This type of issues on new car/s are simply not acceptable. Hope Maruti sorts out this issue soon.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 12:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,057 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
If nothing works out, I may be going for a sue and will send around the pics to all auto mags.
Hold your horses dude!!... .. Being a Maruthi, I dont think you will have to go to that extent. I strongly believe your problem will be rectified soon.

And also please make sure that if at all you need to "sue" them, take it as a last resort, a very last resort as its a very very elongated process and you may also loose the benefits/terms that you might have gotten if you had "talked" to the important people rightly, which I believe you have/will.

Also after this entire process if possible try not to loose the relationship with A.S.S guys, better build a strong one. As you have just bought your car and will need to live with it for a long time and there is no place other than an A.S.S for you to trustfully take your car to.

Lets hope every thing works out great.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 13:15   #20
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I am sure you have gone through my thread 'Issues With Paint on My Swift' and I am sure you have seen the result. Please do not be made to believe that writing a letter/email to Maruti will go to deaf ears. I am proof that it does not and I am very very happy with the outcome.

I suggest all Swift owners with rusting issues write to Mr. Pankaj Narula - EO - Service.

Mr. Pankaj Narula
Executive Officer (Service)
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
Palam-Gurgaon Road,
Gurgaon 122015
(Haryana)
pankaj.narula@maruti.co.in

Please ensure you attach pictures in your emails to him for reference and I am positive that your problems will be sorted just like mine.
Yes friend, I was really scared at the thread and was happy after a happy end. Thanks for the mail id. Have sent a detailed mail to him stating my issues and also the bad treatment my car got from A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Wait for a call from the concerned department. I would suggest You to take some good snaps from every possible angle, mail them to Maruti, if possible with a link to this thread. This type of issues on new car/s are simply not acceptable. Hope Maruti sorts out this issue soon.
Yes, I am waiting for their call. I have sent mails with pictures from all possible angles to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hold your horses dude!!... .. Being a Maruthi, I dont think you will have to go to that extent. I strongly believe your problem will be rectified soon.

And also please make sure that if at all you need to "sue" them, take it as a last resort, a very last resort as its a very very elongated process and you may also loose the benefits/terms that you might have gotten if you had "talked" to the important people rightly, which I believe you have/will.

Also after this entire process if possible try not to loose the relationship with A.S.S guys, better build a strong one. As you have just bought your car and will need to live with it for a long time and there is no place other than an A.S.S for you to trustfully take your car to.

Lets hope every thing works out great.
I was just stating the worst case scenario. I am hoping it may not happen even in my nightmares. I am having a couple of friends in the A.S.S. So hoping to make a strong bond with them. At this point, I have done my maximum by raising complaints to the A.S.S, then to Anytime Maruti and now to Mr. Pankaj. Lets hope everything works out well.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 12:27   #21
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Hi friends,

Just an update on the issue. The Maruti customer service is again on TOP. Yesterday I sent a mail to Mr. Pankaj and the response was very fast. I got a call from the Maruti regional office at kochi. The territory manager of Maruti and a Works Manager from the A.S.S came to my work place today morning. Those guys where really helpful and promised me a resolution within 1 day. They have taken my car. They also promised all the mess created by the A.S.S to be resolved also. I was really happy for the fast response and now eagerly waiting for the delivery of my car. Also he has taken pictures of the issue and he told the same will be sent to all dealers and A.S.S so that the same may be added to a standard check during PDI and also in services there after.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 14:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,057 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Hi friends,

Just an update on the issue. The Maruti customer service is again on TOP. Yesterday I sent a mail to Mr. Pankaj and the response was very fast. I got a call from the Maruti regional office at kochi. The territory manager of Maruti and a Works Manager from the A.S.S came to my work place today morning. Those guys where really helpful and promised me a resolution within 1 day. They have taken my car. They also promised all the mess created by the A.S.S to be resolved also. I was really happy for the fast response and now eagerly waiting for the delivery of my car. Also he has taken pictures of the issue and he told the same will be sent to all dealers and A.S.S so that the same may be added to a standard check during PDI and also in services there after.

Glad to hear that you will be getting a positive response from the A.S.S.

May the rusting problem never occur again.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:20   #23
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Glad to hear that you will be getting a positive response from the A.S.S.

May the rusting problem never occur again.
I got my car back yesterday evening. They have fixed the issue for time being. They have done some anti rusting treatment on the bare body and then repainted the whole part. The entire vehicle was serviced again for the bad feedback I have given to them regarding the service. Regarding the documents, they have made me sign a paper which says that I am happy with the "current" situation of the car and it is also written on it like Maruti will take care if the problem re-appears. So as of now, I am a happy customer. When I asked about why they were keen on delivering the car back by evening, even though I asked them to take more time if needed, the manager told me that the complaint came to them as some category issue (I never understood the word he said) and such category issues needs to be rectified and closed within 24 hrs time of receiving the complaint. Anybody there knows about details on this, please reply. Since everything ended up well, I can say the workshop and it is Indus City workshop in Thevara, Kochi. Also I remember that the Maruti engineer who came up to check the issue told me that this rust is caused by the rust that might have fallen from the trailer roof while transiting the vehicle and it should have been cleared off during PDI. The rust which was left on it, made further issues by acting as a catalyst. I have no reason to debate with him since at the time of delivery I haven't checked if the issue was there. Guys, anybody else with rusting problems received such a comment ?

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 2nd July 2010 at 07:24. Reason: To add one more comment by the engineer from Maruti
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:35   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 389
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

Glad to hear about the prompt response to your grievance mail.

Hope the rust was just on the surface. Can you specify which locations prone to rust. So that the same can be useful for others.
sureshkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:12   #25
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Glad to hear about the prompt response to your grievance mail.

Hope the rust was just on the surface. Can you specify which locations prone to rust. So that the same can be useful for others.
The rust was mainly there inside the rubber lining around the boot. Also small traces of the same were present inside the beading on roof. Both these issues has been rectified as of now. I have updated the pictures in the thread.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:45   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 3,139 Times
Default

This is really bad.
I think I know which service center you are referring to. I too have the same problem with this service center (If both of us are referring to the same).
I fought with them twice for not rectifying the problems that I had faced.
Moreover, during the first service they started blaming me for up sizing my cars wheels. I stated that it's my personal choice and you guys dont have to put your heads into this.

Here's what I did finally to get my car checked and rectified.

1) 1 call to the main Maruti Customer care.
2) 1 long email (in detail) with the problems, customer service, attitude of the executives and even stating that I had formed a group of guys that will produce evidence proving this (That did the trick)

The next day, I got a call from the same service center asking me of the feedback. I directly told them that all the feedback is now with the Maruti HQ so I dont have anything to prove now.
The next call was from the Tech head asking my home address. Said he would personally come and rectify the problem.
1 hour later, the Tech Head with a technician was there in front of my house. After struggling for 2 hours, they finally rectified the problem.
This was the only option that I had.

Just last week, I had an horrible experience there. This is happening everytime i go there. It's high time that I change the service station for my next service. But since this is near to my office I will some hard time.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:56   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

naveen, Is this service centre Indus Motors?
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 16:18   #28
BHPian
 
bhp_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 412
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is really bad.
I think I know which service center you are referring to. I too have the same problem with this service center (If both of us are referring to the same).
I fought with them twice for not rectifying the problems that I had faced.
Moreover, during the first service they started blaming me for up sizing my cars wheels. I stated that it's my personal choice and you guys dont have to put your heads into this.

Here's what I did finally to get my car checked and rectified.

1) 1 call to the main Maruti Customer care.
2) 1 long email (in detail) with the problems, customer service, attitude of the executives and even stating that I had formed a group of guys that will produce evidence proving this (That did the trick)

The next day, I got a call from the same service center asking me of the feedback. I directly told them that all the feedback is now with the Maruti HQ so I dont have anything to prove now.
The next call was from the Tech head asking my home address. Said he would personally come and rectify the problem.
1 hour later, the Tech Head with a technician was there in front of my house. After struggling for 2 hours, they finally rectified the problem.
This was the only option that I had.

Just last week, I had an horrible experience there. This is happening everytime i go there. It's high time that I change the service station for my next service. But since this is near to my office I will some hard time.
I think we are referring to the same place. You know what, after a week time only I found another scratch on my rear left door also. Initially when I checked I thought it was a non removable stain on it, but when checked in closely this time, found that its a paint damage. Its just about an mm thick which probably may be done using some screwdriver tip or something. I was fed up with the experience that I decided to live with it for the time being. As you say, again my issue is that this is the nearest place to my work place also (Warriom road) . Even though the issue was rectified, it was a horrible experience for a new car owner, that too a Maruti. And guess what, the works manager was telling to me personally that they are getting lot of complains like this. However I am planning to switch service station if somebody is offering me a pick up and drop facility.

One more suggestion is that, we should create a separate thread on the issues we are facing with different service centers so that others may be helped out. Let them understand that there is some communication going on between the owners also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
naveen, Is this service centre Indus Motors?
I think you guessed it right man.
bhp_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 16:53   #29
BHPian
 
ajman28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 277
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Regarding the documents, they have made me sign a paper which says that I am happy with the "current" situation of the car and it is also written on it like Maruti will take care if the problem re-appears. So as of now, I am a happy customer. When I asked about why they were keen on delivering the car back by evening, even though I asked them to take more time if needed, the manager told me that the complaint came to them as some category issue (I never understood the word he said) and such category issues needs to be rectified and closed within 24 hrs time of receiving the complaint.
Good to hear the issue is sorted out.

MSIL (and the other OEM's) is extremely touchy about their JD Power rating and this is a clear example for the same. The JD Power is very much customer - centric and this in turn trickles down to us (the customers) getting a better service.
ajman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 17:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,742
Thanked: 3,139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
naveen, Is this service centre Indus Motors?
Yep, you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I think we are referring to the same place. You know what, after a week time only I found another scratch on my rear left door also. Initially when I checked I thought it was a non removable stain on it, but when checked in closely this time, found that its a paint damage. Its just about an mm thick which probably may be done using some screwdriver tip or something. I was fed up with the experience that I decided to live with it for the time being. As you say, again my issue is that this is the nearest place to my work place also (Warriom road) . Even though the issue was rectified, it was a horrible experience for a new car owner, that too a Maruti. And guess what, the works manager was telling to me personally that they are getting lot of complains like this. However I am planning to switch service station if somebody is offering me a pick up and drop facility.

One more suggestion is that, we should create a separate thread on the issues we are facing with different service centers so that others may be helped out. Let them understand that there is some communication going on between the owners also.



I think you guessed it right man.
Yes. You are right.
This has to be sorted out. Many of us are facing problems with them.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rusting problem in Fiat Linea Sushubh Technical Stuff 88 16th December 2015 16:31
Rusting of Discs on 2 month Car - is this correct way to clean tyre-area and wipers cool.aquarian Technical Stuff 9 28th February 2010 21:35
Swift Rusting Surprise Technical Stuff 12 4th July 2006 18:21
Fuel Tank Rusting and Leaking in my Fiero F2 souravbasu Motorbikes 15 21st April 2006 12:28
Rusting kb100 Modifications & Accessories 1 20th February 2006 22:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks