Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th November 2005, 21:15   #1
BHPian

Default Post Flood Repairs problem..BHPians advise/opinions required

Hey guys..I have a June 2005 Euro III Honda City GXi CVT..well,just recently,I got back the car (more than 3 months of repair time-Ichibaan Honda Service Facility,Kalina,Mumbai).
Well,there were a few minor problems initally which I detected within a day of delivery..but after driving the car now for more than 1000kms after delivery,I have the following problems -

1.The AC isn't as efficient as before...I mean if the cooling was arond 100% before the floods,now it's decreased by about 20%..I have to increase the Fan Blower speed to get the same cooling temperature which I used to get initially before floods on the slowest/medium blower speed..what could be the reason for this?..Gas leak?..Gas charging necessary?..or something else?..

2.The engine runs smoothly,not noisy..but when I step on the accelerator pedal(in D mode),the pick up response is a bit late..I mean around 1/2 sec. after I press the throttle,the car moves ahead..the Tachometer needle shows increasing RPM as soon as I step on the gas pedal..but the engine picks up a bit later..what could be the problem?..?..Also,once the car picks up,there is no problem in acceleration or braking..
In D mode,the car usually goes forward when we step off the brakes,even though the gas pedal isn't pressed,and it does go forward,but even in that,the inital pick up is very slow..I've noticed - the car used to go forward in my building initially before the car was flood affected(it has a slight inclination),but now,the car doesn't move forward or backward in the building..it remains stationary when I leave the brake..so,I think there's some problem for sure..no idea - maybe wheels need lubrication?..?..engine problem?..?..guys - your advise/opinions required..!
Rest,the car is working fine..all electricals/doors/suspension seem as good as before.
Cheers,
sr
srasania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2005, 10:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Srasania,

I dont mean to dampen your spirits but a car that is majorly damaged in the floods will NEVER be like it was dry. Water will seep through more places than any mechanics hands will be able to rectify.

Its similar to cars that have had severe accidents. No matter how good the body shop, I have yet to see one that handles as good as the pre-accident days.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 23:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

I agree , with GTO.Its upto u to decide if u want to keep the car in this condition or trade it for another one. Its ur call, mate.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 00:55   #4
BHPian

paid the final bills 3 days back..seat frame parts were ordered from Delhi headquarters,and fitted in.
Both problems mentioned in Post No.1 of this thread have been solved by Honda..AC thing - as I suspected - gas was a bit low,and they checked for Gas leaks..
The pick up thing also was solved..they said they had to program the CVT Clutch or something..
Anyways,I think I'll try out the car for 2-3 months,and then based on the FE/Performance/Maintainance Costs will decide what to do.
Right now,it's running fine..took it on the Mumbai Pune Expressway..pushed it to 165kms/hr.,worked well..smooth engine,AC didn't give any problems...
Electricals/Steering working great.
So,will check hows it working out and accordingly decide..

sr
Old 11th November 2005, 02:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thats gr8 news, srasania.

I'm so glad about the revival of ur car. Keep it rocking!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 09:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

So Honda customer service ain't that bad????!!!!!!

Regarding warranty cancellation - Honda have been upfront rather than spring a surprise when you actually make a claim. Am sure they will consider issues on a case by case basis
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 09:44   #7
BHPian

oh yeah - Honda have re validated the warranty on all flood affected cars - so,my Honda warranty is in effect right till June 2009 !..covering all parts + labour of the car.
Currently,I don't sense need to sell it,but like I said - lets see the performance over 2-3 months,and can decide..
right now,believe it or not,after repairs,and also post delivery problem repairs,the car is just as it was on day 1..engine running quite smooth.
Got re-teflon coating done from AutoNCare along with under body anti-rust inspection.I also got re-interior cleaning done professionally from them.
Engine has been lacquer coated,so,it's shining like showroom.
Chrome alloys are being replaced free of cost,since they are under Neowheels warranty,since all 4 alloys had few patches of chrome peeling off..
I'll post some pics. later..
(P.S.-when the car came in the building after gap of 3 months,a few neighbours actually asked me whether the company gave me a replacement,or is it the same car !!..!!!..I'm not exaggerating guys -really !)

pics coming soon.
cheers,
sr
Old 11th November 2005, 10:09   #8
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
(P.S.-when the car came in the building after gap of 3 months,a few neighbours actually asked me whether the company gave me a replacement,or is it the same car !!..!!!..I'm not exaggerating guys -really !)
Good to hear that... You must have felt high at that moment.
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 10:51   #9
BHPian

Default Updated : PICS !

Hey guys - posting a few pics. delivery day/post delivery :

Day of Delivery pics.:

The next picture is of the car with normal rims,since the Chrome Alloys have gone in for replacement back to neowheels factory,under warranty.

Interiors :

Engine pics. coming soon..since they are in the other camera..all pics. here have been shot on my cell phone camera.
cheers,
sr
Old 11th November 2005, 11:06   #10
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
I also got re-interior cleaning done professionally from them.
sr, How were the seats cleaned and what treatment was done ? Just curious.
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 11:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
sr, How were the seats cleaned and what treatment was done ? Just curious.
oh,well,actually,since I had all my seats replaced,I had ordered AutoNCare not to clean the seats during their interior cleaning..so,no idea about it..anyways,I think you might be able to get information on how they clean stuff from their website - www.autoncare.com

cheers,
sr