Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th July 2010, 22:56   #1
BANNED

Default My bad experiences with i10

I have lots of bad expereinces with my i10 Asta 1.2 . Let me list out.

1. Mileage : Till by car clocked 1000km I have been regularly checking the mileage and it was between 9 and 10 in city and 14 to 15 in highway with 25% AC. When I talked to the dealer ( Orion Hyundai, Gurgaon ) they consoled me saying that mileage will improve after second service. After second service, the mileage was checked ( 6month, 4000km ). When I checked the mileage it was 7.6km/lit with 100%AC - 2-3km/day CITY driving. This is the mileage of a TATA truck or bus.

2. AC - AC doesnt give enough cooling during peak summer season during day time. Even my Alto quickly make the cabin cool during scrotching summer.

3. Poor pick up with AC on at 3rd and 4th gear.

4. Small small issues keeps cropping up. Like an irritating sound from steering column.Though rectified. Now I am getting a noice from the accelrator pedal and the accelator pedal feels hard when the speed crosses 80 kmph

5. Terrible After sales support. The service of Orion Hyundai, gurgaon is pathetic. When I got vehicle after second service, the alignment of steering was changed by 90 degrees ( they dismantled the steering for checking the noice )and I had to return the vehicle immediately. I was waiting ath show room and got it rectified. Their dealings are the worst. We have to run from one person to another requesting attention. After taking the vehicle I had to wait for half an hour at the gate to come out since all the vehicles brought for sevice was line up and service advisers were attending them . Nobody cared to clear the block so that the customer's time is not wasted waiting to clear the block.

Guys ..please dont by i10. You will land up in trouble like me.

Warm Reagrds

Unnkrishnan
krish-iitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 08:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Smile

I have driven my friends i10 many a times and have never felt the issue which you have put forward. My friends i10 has been returning 15-16 KMPL consistently over the past 7-8 months and that with 75% AC on in city and highway drives. Personally I felt the AC a lot more powerful except for as for issues only a few isolated cases of noise from suspensions which was rectified during the services.
I think most of your problems relate to the Dealer service. As it you are having a harrowing time with the dealer, why dont you try another Hyundai dealer in your city. If still not satisfied, write to Hyundai and give them the complete details. I am sure things will work out for you.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 08:42   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@Unnikrishnan,

1. Get servicing done by another A.S.S
2. Change your petrol pump
3. What are your tyre pressures ?
4. Disconnect battery for abt 5-10 minutes (to discharge ECU).

You dont need to stick to the same A.S.S where you bought your car. I'm sure that the i10 can do much better, else it would not be as popular as it is.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 08:50   #4
BHPian

Dear Krish, Do not worry much. I recently got i10 Sportz. I have done 300 kms in 20 days. The car is excellent. For your information, I sold my i10 Era and got an i10 Sportz for the Kappa engine. The engine is soo smooth and revv friendly.

I drive in B-2-B traffic in chennai on the busiest of roads! but I managed to get 12-12.2 km/l. As suggested by other Bhp'ns please go to a different A**. I am sure they would help you out. Try KUN if you have one in Gurgaon.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 09:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

With just 2-3km a day the engine wont even reach optimum temperature. Thats the reason for low mileage. You could expect an early exhaust pipe change too due to such running.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 09:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

1. True. City Mileage is not very good. However it should give you 11 easily.Get it checked with different A.S.S. But if you just run 2-3 km from cold start, it will never give you mileage. make sure you idle for about a min before you take off.

2.The A/C is one of the best i've witnessed. not sure why you are facing this.

3. At What RPM do you shift gear ?

4. Yes. Irritating really. Lots of i10 and i20 have this issue. But i guess, the A.S.S would get it rectified.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 09:15   #7
BHPian

hello Unnkrishnan,

I think you are one unsatisfied customer of i10.
As others suggested change the A.S.S and tell them the issues what you are facing. Also do check with other i10 owners friends/family/neighbors do they have same kind of issue. Do change the /Bunk and driving style (search the thread how to achieve maximum FE).
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 09:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
With just 2-3km a day the engine wont even reach optimum temperature. Thats the reason for low mileage. You could expect an early exhaust pipe change too due to such running.
Very true. My half a km one way ride/drive has dropped my Machismo 500 mileage to 22-25 ish from 32+ and Baleno from 12+ to mere 8-9 kmpl. Now I have started walking
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 09:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
I have lots of bad expereinces with my i10 Asta 1.2 . Let me list out.

1. Mileage : Till by car clocked 1000km I have been regularly checking the mileage and it was between 9 and 10 in city and 14 to 15 in highway with 25% AC. When I talked to the dealer ( Orion Hyundai, Gurgaon ) they consoled me saying that mileage will improve after second service. After second service, the mileage was checked ( 6month, 4000km ). When I checked the mileage it was 7.6km/lit with 100%AC - 2-3km/day CITY driving. This is the mileage of a TATA truck or bus.

2. AC - AC doesnt give enough cooling during peak summer season during day time. Even my Alto quickly make the cabin cool during scrotching summer.

3. Poor pick up with AC on at 3rd and 4th gear.

4. Small small issues keeps cropping up. Like an irritating sound from steering column.Though rectified. Now I am getting a noice from the accelrator pedal and the accelator pedal feels hard when the speed crosses 80 kmph

5. Terrible After sales support. The service of Orion Hyundai, gurgaon is pathetic. When I got vehicle after second service, the alignment of steering was changed by 90 degrees ( they dismantled the steering for checking the noice )and I had to return the vehicle immediately. I was waiting ath show room and got it rectified. Their dealings are the worst. We have to run from one person to another requesting attention. After taking the vehicle I had to wait for half an hour at the gate to come out since all the vehicles brought for sevice was line up and service advisers were attending them . Nobody cared to clear the block so that the customer's time is not wasted waiting to clear the block.

Guys ..please dont by i10. You will land up in trouble like me.

Warm Reagrds

Unnkrishnan
I've drove both the iRDE and Kappa versions of i10. I've felt both a great car. All my friends who've bought i10 are happy too. What I felt from your post is that, the first thing you need to do is to change the service center. They are creating the major issue. Also with 2-3 kms of city running, I am sure you won't get a decent mileage. It will be more worse if you are taking off the car right after cranking. No car will give its optimum mileage unless the engine is in the optimum temperature level. If another A.S.S is not able to solve your niggles, right it to Hyundai. Regarding a/c performance I think i10 got a decent a/c. But since you're comparing with Alto, there may be difference. I felt Alto's a/c to be the best in class neglecting the huge load it causes on the 54 PS engine.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 10:15   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

1) I get around 12kmpl inside city and with full time AC on and my daily commute is short for a car use actually.

2) AC does cool fast. But if you get into the car parked under the sun for a while and turn on the AC and expect it to cool quick it will not.

3) This is true if you're lugging the car in 3rd gear with AC on.

4) No sound from steering column yet, accelerator issue not noticed.

5) Might be a lemon dealer. Our dealer is not excellent (Popular), but not anywhere near terrible.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 17:33   #11

Hi Unnkrishnan,

As far as the FE goes, there are multiple factors that contribute to it. What has surprised me is that the Fuel station itself make a lot of difference. I have an i20 and get an FE of 12-13 when I fill from any HP station and 14-16 when I fill from any BP station (with 100% city drive). This has been a consistent observation from the past 2 months that I have owned the car. Hence I urge you to give a shot at a fueling from different fuel stations. Since, keeping other things aside, the FE of an i10 should be better than that of an i20.

Regards,
Bharat
Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 13:29   #12
BHPian

Default Re: My bad experiences with i10

Hi guys,

I probably would be another in the list of highly disgruntled customers of the I10. The car has had a plethora of problems right since the beginning. The clutch was replaced at 20k. So was the steering column, and the rear suspension (although aprt from the clutch this was under extended warranty but the dealer was not aware and hence had nicely prepared a bill to pay for!!). Post which the car had major electrical problems. Central locking and remote lock failure! the car misfiring. Spark plugs and cables were replaced post which misfiring stopped but the other electrical problems did not front power window switches working on and off. Auto up / down not working properly, etc etc. Moreover now the car has started rusting at the doors on the pillars. Some pics attached. I honestly feel this is a painting defect but hyundai has been refuting it for a year and dilly dallying it (pics attached). As we speak the car is at the service station for the 40k service and the service advisor has the following listed already again. Front suspension linkages replacement, AC leah test due to the problem as faced by people described above and as a result cooling coil, discharge hose, compressor oil replacement and thereafter refilling and total costs in excess of 10000/-, Radiator assembly replacement, part costing close to 8k/-, this only because the service centre does not have the brackets which are required to hold the radiator so replace the full assemble part, in which case i still dont know how he thinks he;ll hold the radiator in place as the brackets are required in the new part as well!! plus various more, this within 5 years and 40000 kms of the car!! the car has been serviced by Pramukh hyundai so far in Mumbai. Beware guys, this might be a bad piece, but showcases the apathy one has to go through for owning a hyundai!! one last thing. The car was booked and delivered in JAnuary, however from prints on the car i was given the previous years model. I am now planning to sue hyundai for mental harassment and cheating in the consumer forum!! need some advise if someone can help.

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000258.jpg

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000259.jpg

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000263.jpg

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000264.jpg

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000265.jpg

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000269.jpg

My bad experiences with i10-img2014043000270.jpg

Mod note: Post edited. There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th May 2014 at 14:15. Reason: See note in post
gultajkanwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 15:05   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

The rusting & paintjob you have clicked are shocking. Happens mostly with cars wearing after market paints. That is unacceptable for a factory painted car. My advice: Sell it and get something else. You never know what else has rusted and when it may give up.
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 16:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gultajkanwal View Post
The car was booked and delivered in JAnuary, however from prints on the car i was given the previous years model. I am now planning to sue hyundai for mental harassment and cheating in the consumer forum!!
Dear mate, In my opinion there is no point in further straining yourself by running around to get a reasonable solution from a external agency/ forum because it will further increase your pain and involve useless expenses. There's a case of a SKODA dealer in this forum itself wherein the owner has been endlessly making efforts to get a proper solution.

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...years-112.html

If I may ask, regarding the delivery of a old vehicle to you, Did you ever ask the dealer about this ? What was his reaction and reply ?

The best thing to do as of now is to sell the car in present condition. You will have to take the hit for the last time as there is no point keep on spending on it.

Next time do not refer or patronize this brand from your side.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 5th May 2014 at 16:05. Reason: edit
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote