Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 09:32   #1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Hi All,

Just recently my 2001 Stock Matiz gave up

Diagonised with a faulty Distributor cap and Rotor.

We took out the cap and rotor from another Matiz and the car starts and idles perfectly, I got hold of Original Distributor Cap (GM PART) and a Rotor from JC Road Bangalore (DAC-Delphi Automotive Componenet) meant for the Matiz, but that Rotor turned out to be FAKE

Though the car is at Home, but not starting.

Can anyone guide me on where to get atleast 5 Distributor Rotors (Will stock it)

All ORIGINAL GM PART

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 16th July 2010 at 09:35.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 21:43   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Thumbs up DIY... and Done

4 days and not able to find Genuine GM (Delphi) rotor

Got and tried 3 rotors, all anyways were fake.

Bought the best of the Local one available. (he he....)

Allt the rotors just went round and round, never slotting in. And nothing worked.

And finally had to resort to some DIY.

Measured the Original Rotor stem height - 13mm

Measured the local Rotor stem height - 14 odd mm





Eureka........ ! Eureka....................!

Took out the file, marked that extra 1 mm, filed it close to 13mm.

"Plock..." goes in the rotor, slots a bit OK OK correctly,

I had got hold of the original Delphi Distributor Cap, screwed them in, connected the New High-Performance (BRAND-LIVEWIRE) plug wires. Put back the battery, put in the airfilter, connected all the necessary wires.

The moment of truth and ultimate test my DIY skills arrived.

Crank.... Craaaaaaaaaannnnkkk, Firrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee............. (yeehaaw.!)

Our good old Matiz roared, Took it out for a long spin, got it back home, parked it, tried the same thing again. Luckily no issues re-occured.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Even the local rotor does work, only if the height is set to the NOS Rotor
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 12:22   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 16
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Matiz Distributor Problem Please suggest.

Hi All,
I am using Matiz 2001 SG model since 4 years.It is 60K on odo. I recently changed the Engine head as weter is leaking to engine. The water leak is fixed but now i am facing Distributer problem. I am getting vibrations in the engine.These vibrations can be felt while in traffic and the engine stops after some time.Even engine is stopping while in running condition as well.
My Mechanic is informing that it could be a Distributer problem (Delco).I had replaced Distributer earlier but that original Mando Make was not suited on my car.I later got some used Delco from some where and that worked for 2 years now.I am not sure about my recent problem. If i wants to change Delco what should i do.Should i invest for a new one.
Can some one tell me where can i get a good used Delco for my matiz in Mumbai or Pune. If i take my car to them will they take money when that is working fine after installation on my car.
Please suggest if any of the matiz uses faced this kind of Distributer problem.

Thanks in advance,
Kchittilla.
Kchittilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 23:09   #4
BHPian
 
knob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 71
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

I was under the impression that matiz had FI and ecu. The engine was derived from the m800 f8 engine. Couldn't the m800 distributor be fitted in this engine?
knob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 00:11   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Have you tried changing the HT wire connecting the distributor? This sort of vibration happens when one of the 3 wires is defective - I have changed it 2-3 times. Another problem with old Matizes is electrical connectors, especially in the fuse box. They keep slipping contact and also get corroded, leading to loss of contact. I was able to solve the problem by changing the entire wire harness assembly.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 01:14   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Have you tried changing the HT wire connecting the distributor?
What do you mean by HT wires ? What is HT ? Are you talking about the plug cords ? If so, yes, that could be a reason as well.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 02:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,055 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Have you tried changing the HT wire connecting the distributor?
Yes, defective HT or HV cables can cause exactly similar symptoms, leading to faulty ignition.

Or, could it be a faulty ignition coil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What do you mean by HT wires ?
The cables from ignition coil to the spark plugs.

Last edited by dhanushs : 26th April 2011 at 02:04.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 09:15   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Yes, as per what dhanushs says.
These cables can cause poor firing of spark plugs and I have faced problems with them before and changed them. Before you touch things like ignition coil, first check these. And the fuse box and electrical connections too.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 23:00   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The cables from ignition coil to the spark plugs.
That is all you need to change. I am sure your problem will be set right.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 23:25   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default Re: Original Matiz Distributor Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
Hi All,
I am using Matiz 2001 SG model since 4 years.It is 60K on odo. I recently changed the Engine head as weter is leaking to engine. The water leak is fixed but now i am facing Distributer problem. I am getting vibrations in the engine.These vibrations can be felt while in traffic and the engine stops after some time.Even engine is stopping while in running condition as well.
My Mechanic is informing that it could be a Distributer problem (Delco).I had replaced Distributer earlier but that original Mando Make was not suited on my car.I later got some used Delco from some where and that worked for 2 years now.I am not sure about my recent problem. If i wants to change Delco what should i do.Should i invest for a new one.
Can some one tell me where can i get a good used Delco for my matiz in Mumbai or Pune. If i take my car to them will they take money when that is working fine after installation on my car.
Please suggest if any of the matiz uses faced this kind of Distributer problem.

Thanks in advance,
Kchittilla.
I feel,the trouble is with these things

1) Blocked petrol sensors
2) Carbon deposit on the main sensor
3) Fowled spark plugs
4) Bad spark plug cables



Quote:
Originally Posted by knob View Post
I was under the impression that matiz had FI and ecu. The engine was derived from the m800 f8 engine. Couldn't the m800 distributor be fitted in this engine?
Its actually the other way round.

The Suzuki engine was derived from the Deawoo block. Just have a look at all F8 engines, the Block Die cast still says DCM

M-800 Distributor will never fit the Matiz.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rotor Plate for KB 100 RTZ sapna gurukar Motorbikes 8 13th April 2011 10:32
whats better than an original cj3b?? two original cj3b's. 0333 4x4 Vehicles 33 5th March 2009 11:15
Ikon 1.6 - new O.E rotor or after market slotted ones shazikon Technical Stuff 10 26th September 2007 10:55
How about w-matiz or e-matiz Gtea Modifications & Accessories 38 3rd February 2006 02:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks