Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd August 2010, 20:42   #1
BHPian

Default Gear linkage glitch !

Hello fellow bhpians. I got a 97 make m-800. While coming back from college today i found difficulty in engaging 1st and 2nd gear. On returning home i found that the gear liver in neutral instead of being in center it was in left side where 1st and 2nd gears are. Also if 3rd and 4th gears are selected the liver gives a look as if 3rd and 4th gear(respectively) is engaged. I suspect busted ruber bushe in gear linkage. I will be taking her to MASS in tomorrow, please give your valueable inputs before i take her tomorrow.
MODS: Sorry for long post.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:26   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hello fellow bhpians. I got a 97 make m-800. While coming back from college today i found difficulty in engaging 1st and 2nd gear. On returning home i found that the gear liver in neutral instead of being in center it was in left side where 1st and 2nd gears are. Also if 3rd and 4th gears are selected the liver gives a look as if 3rd and 4th gear(respectively) is engaged. I suspect busted ruber bushe in gear linkage. I will be taking her to MASS in tomorrow, please give your valueable inputs before i take her tomorrow.
MODS: Sorry for long post.
A little correction here, the gear liver looks like as if 1st n 2nd gears are selected when actually 3rd n 4th are selected.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

You may have to replace the gear lever kit. Its a mixture of plastic and rubber parts. Not that expensive.

Also replace a small plastic linkage between two link rods. Its lies below the car.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote