Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th January 2015, 16:35   #31
Default Best detailing place in Bangalore or Kerala?

Has any Bhpian tried Smartwax treatment at J Garage, Kochi?

J Garage, Kochi:

I was told that the car would go through several steps of treatment(I think 7) with Smartwax products that were on display. They quoted me 7k+tax(which would be almost 8k) for the treatment. J Garage looked very impressive with several super cars getting pampered. They had other waxes on display like the Lava wax which costed about 4.5k per session, Carnauba wax( which varied from 6k to 33k per session depending on the purity). Their Fb page is very impressive too!

I shuttle between Kerala and Bangalore now and then so I can choose any place whichever is the best option.

Head over Wheels, Bangalore:

I have already done a car wash from Head over Wheels and they did a pretty good job! Shibin is a nice guy and knew a thing or two about cars. Shibin had quoted me 10.5k for a detailing job with sealant and 14.5k with second skin. According to him, If I opt for the second skin then for next 1 year I don't need to worry about the detailing as it leaves sort of an actinic coat on the car.

Other Options:
Also, I have read a lot of positive reviews about 3M at HSR Layout ( Had already done Paint protection treatment and PPF(for front bumper and side mirror) from 3M Marathahalli which is not the best as water doesn't bead off after the treatment and PPF on the front bumper wasn't very neatly done(but they tell me that they will redo it ). There is also a new outlet for 3M open near Hope farm Junction which is the nearest from my apartment in Bangalore.

There is also a Pete's detailing center in Thrissur but I have never been there.

I take care of my car well by only using various microfiber cloths for each step along with a range of Meguiar's products i.e. Nxt Car wash, Ultimate Compound, Ultimate quick wax(not happy with this product and will replace with Collinite 845 once over) and Gold class leather care. So, if I want to get my car detailed I want it to be the best!

Confused now on where to get my bimmer detailed when it's time.
yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 12:45   #32
Default Re: SmartWax by Pete's

Did smart wax for my yeti at coimbatore. They have recently opened here, and their work is amazing. Left the car with them Tuesday morning and got delivered the next evening.
Please note- The picture is NOT taken from the premises of petes detailing.
Took the car to 3M Car Care to stick the anti-scratch sticker inside the door handles. (500rs) all four doors.

Smart wax-9000rs.
Contact details-09943994444
Attached Thumbnails
SmartWax by Pete's-img_8539.jpg  

streetracer_919 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote