Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th August 2010, 22:40   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default SmartWax by Pete's

Anyone tried this? They are quoting 6.2k or so for Linea. They offer 3years warranty too.

LInk : Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 00:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

i think its a waste of money.

I can have my painter paint half of a mid size car with that kind of money, that too in an exotic shade.

Can we not buy and do it our self.

Is this the same one.
CAR WASH AND DETAILING PRODUCTS
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 01:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

If Pete's is selling one! then you can buy and apply it yourself!!

I'd certainly like to try it!
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 20:45   #4
BHPian

Thanks jk for putting up this thread. Smartwax for Linea cost Rs 6500 with three year warranty and free buffing up or polish once every three months for free. In case we are not able to send our car every 3 months, the warranty remains void. There is also another plan which cost Rs 5000 with 6 months warranty and a single free buffing at 3 months. Im not sure whether to go for smartwax or genuine Dupont teflon with 1 year warranty for Rs 3000. I had a talk with jkdas last day regarding this. Which one do you suggest bhpians?
drdeepudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 22:51   #5
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Thanks jk for putting up this thread. Smartwax for Linea cost Rs 6500 with three year warranty and free buffing up or polish once every three months for free. In case we are not able to send our car every 3 months, the warranty remains void. There is also another plan which cost Rs 5000 with 6 months warranty and a single free buffing at 3 months. Im not sure whether to go for smartwax or genuine Dupont teflon with 1 year warranty for Rs 3000. I had a talk with jkdas last day regarding this. Which one do you suggest bhpians?
where are you getting genuine dupont teflon? that is something rare to get!
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 11:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

@mkh: Teflon is just Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene, and there are many manufacturers. Incidentally, it is very soft so I doubt if it would last three years!
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 20:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
where are you getting genuine dupont teflon? that is something rare to get!
There is a Dupont dealer in my home town. Planning to do the job from him. Seeing the pack and the print, it looks genuine. There are four bottles inside one pack, named as paint guard, trim guard(?) , dash guard & windshield guard (sorry, I'm not sure of the last one). If possible Ill be posting the pics soon after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@mkh: Teflon is just Poly Tetra Fluoro Ethylene, and there are many manufacturers. Incidentally, it is very soft so I doubt if it would last three years!
May be, that's why they are giving just one year guarantee. Later on may be we should go on with the good old wax.
drdeepudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 10:41   #8
BHPian

Default Head Over Wheels - Pete's Detailing Shop

Head Over Wheels - Pete's Detailing Shop just opened a couple of weeks ago in Thubrahalli, Varthur Hobli, Whitefield ( en route to Forum Value Mall ).
I happened to notice the big yellow board and dropped in to get more details.
The shop is run by Shibin Kumar - +919741422226.

The package he offered for my VW Vento was Rs 12000 for 3 yrs:
Rs 6000 for the initial detailing which takes 6-8 hrs
Rs 6000 for the next 11 quarters.

All products used from SmartWAX.

I am planning to give my car sometime next week. Will update with more details and photos.
chet1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 10:15   #9
BHPian

Default Pics of Exterior & Interior Detailing

Some pics of the Exterior & Interior Detailing

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-1.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-2.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-3.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-4.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-5.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-6.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-7.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-8.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-9.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-10.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-11.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-12.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-14.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-15.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-16.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-17.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-18.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-19.jpg

SmartWax by Pete's-pic-20.jpg
chet1376 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:53   #10
BHPian

Default Re: SmartWax by Pete's

Has anyone else tried this place after the Vento? Pete's sure is a respected brand for power enhancement products. But, is their SMARTWAX a crowd puller too? Call it, HESITATION, to deviate from the accepted norm on this forum - 3M. Tried, tested and HAPPY.
mempheS.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat man, however haven't heard much about this product in bangy at-least. How much did they charge for a complete wax job ?
This picture caught my eye and is quite deceiving in the 1st look. I thought someone had put a black can atop your car and forgot to remove it.
Only when I looked for the 2nd time did I realize that it was a overhead water tank in the nearby building .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 11:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
How much did they charge for a complete wax job ?
Chet1376 has written in his above post about the charges. The price seems to be fine considering one is getting his car detailed every 3 months. Rs. 1000 for detailing after every 3 months.

Quote:
The package he offered for my VW Vento was Rs 12000 for 3 yrs:
Rs 6000 for the initial detailing which takes 6-8 hrs
Rs 6000 for the next 11 quarters.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:43   #13
BHPian

@Chet: Read the post and did not realize it was your car! Wold you recommend this place to others, can you update few more details like price, service quality etc.
Raghunath Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 10:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
@Chet: Read the post and did not realize it was your car! Wold you recommend this place to others, can you update few more details like price, service quality etc.
Hi Raghu,
I would definitely recommend the place. Price is something you will have to discuss with Shibin (+919741422226) - of course you can give my reference. I am extremely happy with the service and the quality of work. I have taken the 3 yr package with service intervals of 3 months. I suggest you take your car there and try out the process on one half of the bonnet or boot to see the difference, then go for the full package if convinced. He also does a regular car wash, but I recommend that you get your car SmartWaxed.
HeadOverWheels is also on Facebook, although he has not updated any pics on the page yet. You could check some pics on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petes...76975955660194.
chet1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 11:54   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
Hi Raghu,
I would definitely recommend the place. Price is something you will have to discuss with Shibin (+919741422226) - of course you can give my reference. I am extremely happy with the service and the quality of work. I have taken the 3 yr package with service intervals of 3 months. I suggest you take your car there and try out the process on one half of the bonnet or boot to see the difference, then go for the full package if convinced. He also does a regular car wash, but I recommend that you get your car SmartWaxed.
HeadOverWheels is also on Facebook, although he has not updated any pics on the page yet. You could check some pics on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petes...76975955660194.
But I don't understand, your Vento is already quite new and if it was given a nice shampoo wash and followed with wax polish I bet it would have come out with same shine.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote