Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th August 2010, 12:01   #31
BHPian

Keeping the blower speed to minimum speed helps.

Am not sure how many are aware of the fact but in the blower speed 1,2,3,4. The most chilling is done in speeds 2 and 3. If you switch the blower speed to the max, does not mean it will do more chilling. It will blow more air, that's it. The chilling is quicker in low blower speed than the maximum. The compressor never stops or trips off like the ACs we have at home.

Also, I don't understand why are people not able to bear the chilling done by the AC, we anyways have temp control.

Reducing power for AC to decrease load on Engine. I don't think there is a way to so that, otherwise all commercial vehicles+hotels and restaurants would start doing that to reduce elce bill.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 22:20   #32

So, now I feel a noticeable 'surge' in power every now & then when driving with the A/c on. I don't think I feel the compressor switching on & off though. Any reasons why?
saurabhnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 06:23   #33
BHPian

The compressor never switches off unless the AC itself is switched off.

There is no way to reduce the load on Engine. It has become a habit for me, whenever I have to overtake a vehicle quick, I switch OFF the AC and then switch it on after overtaking is done. This acts like NITRO on lower gears
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
The Engine ECU takes care to cut-off the AC compressor when the Accelerator pedal is suddenly floored.
And how and when does the compressor restart? Maybe its too much to expect this feature is my humble Nano.
kollamraja is offline   Reply With Quote