Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 09:19   #46
BHPian
 
csateesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 481
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Hi Manish

Any updates on the engine side from Mahindra FC guys?

Keep us posted

Regards

Sateesh
csateesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 19:36   #47
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kottayam,Kerala
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

My Accent is making a huge thud sound at the right rear side while driving through bad roads, like something is loose near the suspension and hitting the car's body .

Yesterday I took my car to a Maruti service centre (I heard he is a honest guy), his mechanics lifted it, they say it can be suspension problem. But to be sure I have to leave my car there for two days.

He is telling me, if it is suspension problem it may cost me Rs.15000, but I am not sure its a suspension problem because on smooth roads there is not even a small vibration inside.

Any Viva CRDi owners please suggest me what to do
rahulsampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:26   #48
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,617
Thanked: 10,771 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
My Accent is making a huge thud sound at the right rear side while driving through bad roads, like something is loose near the suspension and hitting the car's body .

Any Viva CRDi owners please suggest me what to do
Damper strut needs to be changed. Not so expensive as mentioned. Your suspension is bottoming out and hitting the bump stop. For good measure, also replace all the suspension bushes.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 10:25   #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kottayam,Kerala
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Damper strut needs to be changed. Not so expensive as mentioned. Your suspension is bottoming out and hitting the bump stop. For good measure, also replace all the suspension bushes.
They have given me a bill of Rs.13,800/-. They are claiming to have changed suspension bush kit, suspension hub and shock absorber (Only rear right).

I feel the bill is ridiculously inflated. If someone have any idea about how much does these parts cost, please let me know.
rahulsampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:51   #50
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kottayam,Kerala
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

I am having a Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi, I've been having starting issues for some time. I will have to crank the engine for 5-8 sec for it to start, but sometimes in the evening it will start with a single crank.

Today Morning unfortunately my car refused to start at all. I don't know the reason behind it and I have a doubt whether its battery issue as I felt the battery was getting strained while trying to start the third time.

Is there a way to check whether its a battery issue, usually my radio & lights works perfectly (even though it takes 5 secs for my lights to reach proper brightness, which I assume is a problem with my HID unit).
rahulsampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:46   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,313
Thanked: 1,905 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post

Today Morning unfortunately my car refused to start at all. I don't know the reason behind it and I have a doubt whether its battery issue as I felt the battery was getting strained while trying to start the third time.


Did you try measuring the voltage across the battery terminals ?
a) Measure it without doing anythng. Should be ~ 12V. If less, you need to get the battery re-charged. Talk to your battery shop.
b) Then measure it again when cranking. Should be above ~11 V. If less, you probably have a short in the ignition electricals - most likely culprit is the self. Get it overhauled.
c) And finally measure it when the car is idling. Should be ~ 14V. If less, then your problem is in the alternator. Get it serviced.

If all the above are fine, then it is probably not an electrical problem. Follow Q&A in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-what-do.html ("My Car Won't Start" | What To Do)
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:29   #52
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kottayam,Kerala
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Did you try measuring the voltage across the battery terminals ?
a) Measure it without doing anythng. Should be ~ 12V. If less, you need to get the battery re-charged. Talk to your battery shop.
b) Then measure it again when cranking. Should be above ~11 V. If less, you probably have a short in the ignition electricals - most likely culprit is the self. Get it overhauled.
c) And finally measure it when the car is idling. Should be ~ 14V. If less, then your problem is in the alternator. Get it serviced.

If all the above are fine, then it is probably not an electrical problem. Follow Q&A in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-what-do.html ("My Car Won't Start" | What To Do)
Thanks for the help, but now when i tried to start my car, it started within 3 cranks. So I guess the issue won't be due to battery.
Another thing I have noticed is that whenever I turn my key till ignition, this light comes up, but as soon as the car starts it disappears.
Can someone shed some light on what this indicator means, until now I thought it was normal as this warning indicator never comes on while the car is running.
Attached Thumbnails
Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions-img_20140403_141437.jpg  

rahulsampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:57   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,313
Thanked: 1,905 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
Can someone shed some light on what this indicator means...
What does the user manual say?



Measuring the voltage is the easiest thing to do...all you need is a regular multimeter - which you can buy at most all electrical stores selling household switchgear.

The fact that it started on the 3rd crank (i.e. I assume that 2 of your previous tries failed), points more to an electrical issue rather than other possibilities.

Also check the thread mentioned in my earlier post...
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 08:06   #54
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,617
Thanked: 10,771 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
Can someone shed some light on what this indicator means, until now I thought it was normal as this warning indicator never comes on while the car is running.
Indicates water in diesel filter sedimenter bowl.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 10:29   #55
BHPian
 
csateesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 481
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

[quote=rahulsampath;3404952
Can someone shed some light on what this indicator means, until now I thought it was normal as this warning indicator never comes on while the car is running.[/quote]

Just like what SS Da says it means that it is water in Diesel filter

Did you water wash your car recently - I know a couple of people who reported this issue after a water wash.

Pls. remove the water before it affects your fuel line !!
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 12:39   #56
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kottayam,Kerala
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Just like what SS Da says it means that it is water in Diesel filter

Did you water wash your car recently - I know a couple of people who reported this issue after a water wash.

Pls. remove the water before it affects your fuel line !!
I have changed my car's Diesel filter quite recently (around 4 days ago). Also this indicator had been appearing before I changed the filter.

Can this mean I may be having water in my fuel tank?
rahulsampath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 19:38   #57
BHPian
 
Brishti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
Another thing I have noticed is that whenever I turn my key till ignition, this light comes up, but as soon as the car starts it disappears.
Can someone shed some light on what this indicator means, until now I thought it was normal as this warning indicator never comes on while the car is running.
This is normal I am researching Accent as a possible secondary car for myself and the two I tried today behaved similarly. Additionally here is a manual snap from a helpful teambhp member

Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 22:30   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,617
Thanked: 10,771 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
Can this mean I may be having water in my fuel tank?
Only if the light glows when the engine is running.

Edit: Just noticed member Brishti's pictorial response saying the same thing.

I'd suggest you clean the tank anyway. The suction filter is located in such a manner that it tends to pick up and retain the slightest of muck inside the tank. You may be having fuel starvation which is causing your starting problem.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 4th April 2014 at 22:34.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 21:30   #59
NKR
BHPian
 
NKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pune and Kochi
Posts: 117
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Hi all,

Can any one suggest a reasonable and genuine Hyundai Service workshop in Pune( Not the authorized ones who fleece you). I have rattling/vibration in the car even after replacing drive shafts .

Thanks
NKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 22:03   #60
BHPian
 
deepaktpatil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KA 05, MH 10
Posts: 285
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Hi all,

Can any one suggest a reasonable and genuine Hyundai Service workshop in Pune( Not the authorized ones who fleece you). I have rattling/vibration in the car even after replacing drive shafts .

Thanks
Try Shetty Motors in Aundh or Vishalnagar, Pimple Nilakh if you are nearby. I found them pretty decent. I have done multiple jobs with them since I moved from Bangalore and burnt my fingers with Kothari Hyundai's service level and quality. Mahesh Shetty is the contact person for Vishalnagar garage. His number is 9850362007

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 18th September 2014 at 22:05.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stalling/Stopping issues with Accent Viva CRDi mobike008 Technical Stuff 12 19th April 2008 12:21
Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi Looks abhibh The Indian Car Scene 4 8th November 2005 17:43
Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi abhibh Sedans 16 8th November 2005 05:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks