Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 09:02   #121
BHPian
 
Samar117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 83
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Do you have any issues with temp guage as well? Just a guess - could be an issue with earthing points. This at times sends erratic signals to Instrument Cluster Display.
It certainly seems to be an electrical problem. But the temp gauge 'seems' fine. I really don't know if it's erratic or not. The fuel gauge I can definitely make out is quite vague. I wanted to know from other owners if they've felt the same with the fuel gauge? I can only cross-relate with my Fiat Adventure, and even though it's 10 years old, the fuel gauge seems accurate.
Will check out the earthing points. Thanks.
Samar117 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 12:57   #122
BHPian
 
dhondusaxena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 108
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
[*]The fuel gauge seems very vague. There seems to be a lot of inaccuracy in recurrent readings.
Hi, I have had this problem too. My Manza is about 20 months old. It developed a fuel gauge snag at 35k which I got replaced at 40k service. The new one also didn't last long and developed an issue. Thereafter 2 more changes and now it's working fine. Had to fight it out with Tatas as they were unwilling to accept that even a changed part also could have issues.
dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 20:48   #123
BHPian
 
mahesh_sn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 165
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Off late I am getting a faint whistling sound from my Manza whenever I accelerate especially in the second gear. This sound is even more prominent when i let go of the gas pedal to slow down in second gear. Any pointers?
mahesh_sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 21:11   #124
BHPian
 
shashi63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: THANE
Posts: 198
Thanked: 237 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

The only problem i have is a irritating sound which keeps coming and going from somewhere around the steering wheel / above it.

i have had it looked at every service and unable to resolve it.

Anyone who has faced this problem and resolved it may please help me.

BTW my Manza provides me with around 16.3 city driving around mumbai with 100% AC on.

Thanks!

Shashi
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 14:20   #125
BHPian
 
bikertillidie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 289
Thanked: 358 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Off late I am getting a faint whistling sound from my Manza whenever I accelerate especially in the second gear. This sound is even more prominent when i let go of the gas pedal to slow down in second gear. Any pointers?
Please get the turbo charger looked at by experts.

I believe Varroc is the OEM vendor.
bikertillidie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 23:04   #126
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 27
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

My Manza Aura has run 33k so far , and I have noticed marginal increase in RPM to attain same speed , that it used to attain at a lower RPM . For e.g., it takes slightly more than 2K RPM to reach 80KM , on smooth tarmac like NH8 between Gurgaon and Delhi.

Has anyone experienced this before ?
TechNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 16:53   #127
BHPian
 
bikertillidie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 289
Thanked: 358 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNomad View Post
My Manza Aura has run 33k so far , and I have noticed marginal increase in RPM to attain same speed , that it used to attain at a lower RPM . For e.g., it takes slightly more than 2K RPM to reach 80KM , on smooth tarmac like NH8 between Gurgaon and Delhi.

Has anyone experienced this before ?
  • Best to have the clutch plates/pressure plate checked for slippage (most likely)
  • check the tachometer - probably is not showing true readings
bikertillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 16:49   #128
BHPian
 
adroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 65
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

my Manza is giving some kind of noise from the ac blower, its like the fan is touching something. However this noise is not permanent and come at its own will. Though the noise is very low, but it irritate me a lot. Sent the car to TASS many times but they are not able to locate the problem.
Also, after driving very nicely on the road, i am able to get only 16 KM / L in city with AC on. Is it normal or i am running low on mileage.

Can anyone please give pointers ?
adroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 14:01   #129
BHPian
 
mahesh_sn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 165
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit View Post
my Manza is giving some kind of noise from the ac blower, its like the fan is touching something. However this noise is not permanent and come at its own will. Though the noise is very low, but it irritate me a lot. Sent the car to TASS many times but they are not able to locate the problem.
My Manza used to give a faint and intermittent "kirrrrr" sound from the AC vents. My SA at TASC correctly daignosed the issue and readily agreed to replace the blower motor under warranty and the sound was gone forever. The blower motor part cost was 2.5k.

Quote:
Also, after driving very nicely on the road, i am able to get only 16 KM / L in city with AC on. Is it normal or i am running low on mileage.
That is perfectly normal. It depends a lot on the amount of city traffic that you encounter. I do a city drive (in Mumbai) of 40 km a day which takes me roughly 1.5 hr implying an average speed 26 kmph. I get a mileage of 15-15.5 kmpl. During my earlier job, I used to drive in Thane city at an average speed of 20 kmph. Mileage was at best 13 kmpl.

Last edited by mahesh_sn : 12th July 2014 at 14:07.
mahesh_sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 12:41   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 27
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Hi All
I have the 40K service due tomorrow for my Manza QJD Aura. I would like some advice / guidance from the forum on this matter!!

Along with "standard service at 40k" , I want to rectify some major issues with break and clutch.

Recently I have notice the break is not so good , needs to be pressed a lot harder , and stops abruptly , causing problem to other cars coming behind . I took this issue to SA. The SA tells me that the breaks can be used for 2K Km. more , and must be changed after that. The cost of changing is around 2500/-.

Second issue is with Clutch being very hard , and the Gear stick is very un-pleasant to use. I got this checked again by SA. He advised that the Clutch Plate and Pressure Plate needs to be changed , and approx cost given is 10,500/-.

In total , it is coming about 18K , including "standard service" + Break Change + Clutch change. Is this cost justified as per spare parts prices in the market? Do I need to specifically check something after servicing ? Also, what do they exactly do at these "standard services" other than Oils and Liquid changes , Filter changes ?
Any suggestions and comments are very much appreciated.
TechNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 10:27   #131
BHPian
 
adroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 65
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

My 3 year old manza has 35K on the odo and it started taking a bit longer to start in morning. The starter is taking a bit of load in morning it seems, however, during the day it starts normal. I got the battery checked with a local service station but not sure if they had proper equipment to investigate. Any pointers ? Is it possible that the battery is dying within just 3 year ?
adroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 15:53   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 257
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit View Post
My 3 year old manza has 35K on the odo and it started taking a bit longer to start in morning. The starter is taking a bit of load in morning it seems, however, during the day it starts normal. I got the battery checked with a local service station but not sure if they had proper equipment to investigate. Any pointers ? Is it possible that the battery is dying within just 3 year ?
My car's battery had conked out in just a couple of days after it completed three years. This OEM Exide somehow seemed to have been designed to do that
anilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:12   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 257
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

How has the general experience been with glow plugs? Do two glow plugs go bust at the same time? I've replaced three glow plugs till date on my Manza which is nearly five years old. First time, the engine malfunction light came on, and it was traced to a faulty glow plug and replaced.

The second time the malfunction light came on, ASS claimed that two glow plugs were damaged. Is that possible?

Last edited by anilp : 23rd November 2014 at 20:13.
anilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 10:29   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 519
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
How has the general experience been with glow plugs? Do two glow plugs go bust at the same time? I've replaced three glow plugs till date on my Manza which is nearly five years old. First time, the engine malfunction light came on, and it was traced to a faulty glow plug and replaced.

The second time the malfunction light came on, ASS claimed that two glow plugs were damaged. Is that possible?
It could be but unlikely. In my case, none of the glow plugs needed replacement in 4.5 years and 110k km's I had manza with me.
amit1234singla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 10:34   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 257
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
It could be but unlikely. In my case, none of the glow plugs needed replacement in 4.5 years and 110k km's I had manza with me.
Exactly, Amit. As far as I'm aware, modern diesels don't use glow plugs much unless the temperature drops. And my running is in tropical Bombay where the temperature is mostly in 30s. My car is stock, with no electrical changes whatsoever.
anilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indica - List of problems Ferrari1976 Technical Stuff 1200 16th September 2016 01:03
A story of 3 workhorses: 2 Santro's and a Manza, Edit: Santro sold, Manza at 100k+ amit1234singla Long-Term Ownership Reviews 115 10th August 2014 21:53
Tata Manza - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 2 24th June 2011 19:58
Tata Manza Aura+ 6k kms done - slowly emerging problems 5kmiles Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 25th September 2010 18:41


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks