Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th August 2010, 15:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Common sense went out the window ages ago!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 08:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

Sunday night had heavy continuous rain and the car was bone dry - am relieved!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good DIY Ajmat, I like doing these jobs myself where the A.S.S brain fails, DIY works
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 14:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am adding some more to this. Maybe you call the SA again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
"Brnng Brrnng"

"Hallo"

"Hi, this is Ajit, regarding the sunroof"

"Saaar, you said you fixed it? Not workkking?"

"It is working fine. I forgot to tell you this. I posted the DIY in TBHP with photos so now everyone can do it if needed".

" " silence

"Helloo"

"Helllooooo"

" " silence

click

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 1st September 2010 at 14:17.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 18:31   #20
BHPian

Default Re: I solved a big problem for Rs 110 which Vinayak Skoda could not repair

The roof lining of my vRS has "flopped down" in the rear section of the car (just above the passenger seats, the portion above the front seats is ok). I did not have any leakage through the sun-roof during the rains neither any dampness on the lining. Skoda dealer suggested its normal due to high humidity in Mumbai, car is 7 years old and that the entire roof lining would require replacement. I was ready to go for it. The dealer called in a 3rd party who would do the job. The sample of the lining that this chap showed to me looked utterly cheap (it was very thick and had a corduroy type pattern whereas the original roof-lining is thin and plain). I asked this chap if the same lining could be glued back and his response was yes but there could be bubbles.

Can someone suggest another place where I can have the roof lining fized?
Thanks.
Bomi
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 18:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: I solved a big problem for Rs 110 which Vinayak Skoda could not repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Skoda dealer suggested its normal due to high humidity in Mumbai, car is 7 years old and that the entire roof lining would require replacement. I was ready to go for it.
Can someone suggest another place where I can have the roof lining fized?
Roof linings, especially the older, un moulded variety, do tend to drop off/sag after a considerable period and yes, humid conditions only add to it.

Coming to replacement, I would suggest you order the original roof lining through the dealer or from an online skoda store (there are quite a few reputed stores who ship to India) and then have it fixed by a competent seat maker in the open market.

Refitting your existing roof lining too is possible but there is a high possibility of folds and/or bubbles forming out of it unless done by somebody who is very good at it. In case you want to give this a shot, I d recommend you go to someone who does seat jobs for classic/antique cars.
n.devdath is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 18:57   #22
BHPian

Great Work Ajmat.

I think it is time for all Skoda Owners to start doing these types of jobs themselves rather than going to infamous Skoda ASC.
BinFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 20:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Rang the Service supervisor to tell him

click
Ajmat, Fantastic fix and thanks for rubbing it in with the SA
If only SAs start using common sense!!
pradyblr is offline   Reply With Quote