Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th December 2010, 11:01   #31
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Windows down or A/C on -- which is more fuel-efficient?

Driving with windows open is an invitation to get coated with dust and fumes, except in hill stations. AC is a necessity and not an option if you want to keep clean
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 11:15   #32
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Windows down or A/C on -- which is more fuel-efficient?

Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Well, I do roll down my windows sometimes, and its when I feel like revving her up and listen to the 'wrroom', say, up the ghats.
Spoken like a true enthusiast. I roll my windows down only when:

- I want to hear the engine sound. Typically on a full throttle drive (up the ghats is bliss)

- Had too much of the air-con, the entire day at work

- The weather is great. This is a rarity in Bombay though. Typically late nights or out in the mountains

Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Tiredness would be more if you drive with windows down.
Agreed. Driving with the windows down greatly increases driver fatigue.

Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
I am interested to know, what would you generally set the speed of AC blower to.
In my Santro Xing, i feel it very pleasant when i set the blower to 2 and keep alternating it to 1, when i find it little cold
Better that you adjust the temperature knob, instead of blower speed.

Will keep the blower between 1 and 2 improve the FE than running it at full blower (4)
Link to 4 page Thread (Will A/C blower speeds affect the Fuel Economy?); us BHPians love to discuss
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote