Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 4th September 2010, 11:21   #1
BHPian

Default What is Set Speed Limit light on my Manza dash for?

Hi all TBHP Gurus,

Everytime I turn ignition on my Manza on, I get to see "Set Speed Limit" lit up in Amber color in the instrument panel for some time and then it goes away when I crank the engine.

Is this to do with some sort of speed warning system as it is in Punto and Linea or is it something else?

If it is to do with speed warning system, then how can I set the speed limit at which it is supposed to warn me that the driver is overspeeding?
tajender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 11:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Is there anything written about this in the Owners Manual. ?

I am sure there will be a section with the Warning Lights on the Speedo.

refer the check-engine, seat-=best warning, battery low etc section and you will find it there.
scopriobharath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 14:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is there anything written about this in the Owners Manual. ?

I am sure there will be a section with the Warning Lights on the Speedo.

refer the check-engine, seat-=best warning, battery low etc section and you will find it there.

I did go through the complete section on Instrument Cluster in the User Manual and unfortunately I could not find anything specific to Set Speed Limit there. I will wade through it again to see if there is anything related mentioned there.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think its the programmable speed limiter.

Meaning, you set your highest limit and when you cruise to it, it will warn you with lights or audible alarm.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 05:06   #5
BHPian

I went through the manual again and could not find any hint of the speed limit warning as a feature on it and could not find any clues as to how to set it or how is it going to warn. Any other Manza owners who noticed this or any one who knows how to set it up?
Old 17th September 2010, 11:39   #6
BHPian

Most of the Tata cars have lights on the instrument panel that haven't been made use of for our country. I own a Tata Indica Lxi(2005) and have seen many lights on the instrument panel around the speedo, incl a light saying ABS. Will try and upload a pic of it here over the weekend.
underground1419 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 14:46   #7
BHPian

Hi Tajender, What the set speed limit means is essentially benchmarking a speed which you would prefer not to exceed for e.g. 150km/hr, set this speed in the car and if your speed exceeds 150km/hr then the car gives you audible buzz warning reminding you to reduce the speed.

OT-Personally we are always cautious about what speed we are driving at and dont get carried away on higways/expressways, so we dont use this feature so often.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 11:22   #8
BHPian

Default Re: What is Set Speed Limit light on my Manza dash for?

I own a Vista Qdj. It also has a speed limit light in its console which goes out after a second or so during ignition. I wonder could it be programmed to say 80kmph to give an audible alert when using a chaffeur???
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 15:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

The speed limit light is the maximum speed you would like to drive. If you exceed the set limit there is an amber light near inside the speedometer which lights up. Audible warnings are yet to be featured in TATA.
wanderernomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 15:45   #10
BHPian

Apart from visible warnings, can an aftermarket system be fitted to incorporate an audible warning, because the Vista already has a seat belt warning beeper that is pretty effective.
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 12:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Apart from visible warnings, can an aftermarket system be fitted to incorporate an audible warning, because the Vista already has a seat belt warning beeper that is pretty effective.
Most of the GPS systems have such a feature. Otherwise, a small DIY and you cna hook onto the circuit for the light and install a small beeper. But why do you need an audible warning when your vehicle itself tells you when you are going too fast.
wanderernomad is online now   Reply With Quote