| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th November 2005, 10:36||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Thanked: 368 Times
Low Speed Ride Comfort
I often hear that the Fusion "crashes thro potholes and jarrs the passengers" its llow speed ride comfort is very bad. I haven't experienced any problems on low speeds, i have tested other sedans also.... I don't understand this concept:
1. If a car has bad low speed ride comfort how can it be better in high speeds?
2. Does having a fatter tyre (15,16 inchers) have a direct impac on this, can bigger tyres reduce ride comfort?
3. I know the suspension has a direct impact on the comfort, I would love to learn more details.
Thanks for the inputs.
|25th November 2005, 11:13||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Thanked: 89 Times
1. If you compare a 205/60 R14 with a 205/55 R16, the one with the bigger wheels will hamper the ride quality bcoz the lower profile reduces the flexing characteristics of the sidewall.
2. Now, if you compare a 205/60 R14 with a 205/60 R16, the one with the bigger wheel size will infact improve your ride quality. Thats bcoz, even thought the wheel size has increased, the profile remains the same providing the same cushioning effect as a 205/60 R14.
And it doesn't end just yet. The 205/60 R16 has a much bigger rolling circumference which means that it'l ride over the potholes, rather than into them.
So you see, a bigger wheel isn't always bad. It's the profile and the rolling circumference that matters.
Last edited by Shan2nu : 5th December 2005 at 22:01.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hi-speed and Low-speed jeeps?||MalluDude||4x4 Technical||17||21st May 2012 14:17|
|Hatch Back Vs Sedan ( Ride, handling, comfort, Power, Space, etc)||muni||Technical Stuff||116||6th April 2012 20:19|
|What affects ride comfort?||Samurai||Technical Stuff||39||29th September 2010 18:15|
|Improve the Ride Comfort & Handling of Omni||mithun||Modifications & Accessories||14||17th October 2006 05:02|
|Performance and Ride comfort in one car?||Samurai||Sedans||84||12th April 2005 17:53|