Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th September 2010, 10:59   #1
BHPian

Default Power Windows Button stuck in Tata Nano

Hi Team-BHPian friend,

I have got a problem. Suddenly, in the Nano LX variant, the power window
witch for the driver side window, got stuck. I am not able to pull the switch up to close the window, nor press it down to open the power window. Thank god, the window was closed already before this problem occured. Have any other Nano owners have this problem? Is there any simple solution to get it repaired? I am far from a Tata service centre and would take hours for me to go and come back. Meanwhile, if you can help me out, it would be helpful.
Bottom Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 11:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

For the time being, locate the fuse box and remove the Power Windows fuse to be on safer side. If you are unable to find the fuse box, please refer the Owner's Manual.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 12:46   #3
BHPian

Get hold of a can of WD-40 and give a couple of shots of spray inside the works. It cannot do any harm, and in all likelihood should free the switch.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 16:53   #4
BHPian

I have same problem with my swift rear left power window switch. If it stucks, I have to switch off the engine, with window lock and turn it on, this will relase the lock.

This window, we don't use much, hence leaving with this issue for last 1 year. Don't want to change all the four switches.

regards
-manju
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 18:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
Suddenly, in the Nano LX variant, the power window
Sorry to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
For the time being, locate the fuse box and remove the Power Windows fuse to be on safer side. If you are unable to find the fuse box, please refer the Owner's Manual.
Just have a question here - would that be able to fix the power windows? What I mean is, locate the fuse box & remove the power windows fuse, what next? Just leave it open? Is that more of a safety measure? How would one rise the glass?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 02:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just have a question here - would that be able to fix the power windows? What I mean is, locate the fuse box & remove the power windows fuse, what next? Just leave it open? Is that more of a safety measure? How would one rise the glass?
This will not repair the power window switch, But this will prevent any damage to electronic circuit or in short a short circuit. Common sense here.

Since the car is under warranty i do not suggest any home remedies to fix the car. Remove the fuse and take it to a Tata Dealer ASAP.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 11:29   #7
BHPian

Hi, the power windows switch problem is solved One of the Tata Service Centre guy came to check my brother's Indigo CS. I told him about this power windows switch. He checked it and said that it needs a replacement. He gave me a number to register a formal complaint. I talked to that person over the phone and she asked me to bring the car. But, the service centre guy, who gave me the number, signaled me to ask them for a 'service at door step'. I told the same, and the lady agreed to send a person.

She immediately called this service centre guy who was standing beside me and told him to check my car who already did that. This guy was kind enough to bring me a new pair of switches three days later and he did replace them for free of charge (of course, warranty is there, but he said, they need to order the switch and get it from stores, which took 3 days). He just asked me to sign in his customer feedback form stating that the power window switch was replaced. I happily signed and thanked him.. Otherwise, i would need to go to Tata Service centre. It would be a half day job for me. Thank You Team BHP guys for replying me in this thread. I hope, if we could push the Tata Motors a little bit, we could get our problems solved.
Bottom Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 13:46   #8
Team-BHP Support

Good your problem is solved. Remember, you are entitled to two years of free assistance in case of any major or minor part failure on site.
After that spend 499 every year and get tata 24x7 support
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 14:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good on part of TATA to send a tech to fix the issue at your place. Not sure if other companies do that.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 14:20   #10
BHPian

Is the 499 every year for all TATA cars? What does it cover?
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:49   #11
BHPian

Default Re: Power Windows Button stuck in Tata Nano

Hi,
It was a nice reading how the problem they attended and got it solved.
I am sure TATA deserves much more than their present market position.
ramesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 18:03   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
I am sure TATA deserves much more than their present market position.
In 14 years (from the time of the Indica's launch), Tata has come from position zero in passenger cars to No. 2. I think that's one heck of a progress chart . Till the monocoque Indica, all Tata had was the Sumo and a couple of "halfway there" UVs (Sierra, Estate, 207). In the Nano, Manza and Vista especially, they have fantastic products. Priority No. 1 = Produce niggle-free cars.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 16:17   #13
BHPian

I am using TATA Nano CX since last 6 months and I am extremely happy with the quality of vehicle.It is performing well above expectations.
ramesh is offline   Reply With Quote