Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th May 2011, 20:11   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
So, moral of the story - Fiat will not only make you fall in love will their cars but also make you semi automobile engineer!
. Agree with this. This T.A.S.S guys are the most careless guys i have ever seen in my life. Every time they will disconnect something in my car during service. FIAT needs to move off from these guys
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 21:24   #92
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

Please help! My Linea's AC has suddenly stopped working. Blower and all the adjustments relating to ACC is working perfectly fine. But there is no cooling. Usually when I switch on the AC I used to here a clicking noise from the bonnet. But now its not there. Also the engine fan is not working. I checked it today and found that even if I keep the car idling for more than 5 minutes with AC on the engine fan does not start. I had gone for the AC up gradation in March after receiving SMS from Fiat about the same. After that the AC was cooling very effectively. But now I don't know whats wrong. Please shed some light on this issue. They had changed the engine fan during the AC upgrade.
GTX007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 12:13   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2393564 (Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!)

@GTX007,
Check the above link, your problem seems similar to this.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 17:02   #94
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsriram View Post
Hello friends, One of my friend has got a Linea Petrol Emotion PK. He got AC retro-fitment done in his car recently at TAFE Motors, Chennai. After the AC retrofitting, AC seems to be cooler but the noise from the AC fan is very loud.. It sounds like a big motor running when the AC is ON! He took it to the dealer again but was told that the AC Fan is bigger and this loud noise is prevalent in all the cars in which retro-fitment was done. Also, a humming noise is heard inside the cabin when the AC fan is on. Have any of you experienced the same issue? Is it true that the noise outside has become noticeably louder?
Hi - I had given my Punto Emotion+ which has run 54000 KMS today for service at Concorde Sanathnagar, Hyderabad. The same issue as above i was having from last 3-4 weeks. Just now the SE called and said the fan needs to be replaced and it would cost around 10K .

He said that most probably the issue would be due to bearings wearing out, but he isn't sure.

I had asked him to fix the same using extended warranty, he is checking out the same.

is there any simpler way for this fix?

srikanthpotluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 10:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Hi - I had given my Punto Emotion+ which has run 54000 KMS today for service at Concorde Sanathnagar, Hyderabad. The same issue as above i was having from last 3-4 weeks. Just now the SE called and said the fan needs to be replaced and it would cost around 10K .

He said that most probably the issue would be due to bearings wearing out, but he isn't sure.

I had asked him to fix the same using extended warranty, he is checking out the same.

is there any simpler way for this fix?

Suprisingly there has been no response Got my Punto back from service.

They had fixed a new fan using extended warranty now the issue is gone.

Regards
Sri
Old 29th November 2012, 17:42   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Suprisingly there has been no response Got my Punto back from service.

They had fixed a new fan using extended warranty now the issue is gone.

Regards
Sri
what was the total cost? (i mean labour charges). thx.
sharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 12:17   #97
BHPian

since it was clubbed with service of 60,000kms, i am not sure, for the service it costed me another 10k, in which laborwas 1800.