Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th December 2005, 13:47   #1
BHPian

Smile Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs for maruti 800

Plz somebody tell me whether the Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs really works the wat it is advertised; will i get the performance they are claiming?
And if this thing works, then plz provide me with technical specifications for such a spark plug to be used in a maruti 800.
Also if possible send me the list of their distributors in kerala...
Thanks

Last edited by Domnic : 15th December 2005 at 09:59.
pratheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 16:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

please follow this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/150379-post20.html
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2005, 07:32   #3
BHPian

Angry Queries Unsolved!!!Sorry I had to post again to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheesh
Plz somebody tell me whether the Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs really works the wat it is advertised; will i get the performance they are claiming?
And if this thing works, then plz provide me with technical specifications for such a spark plug to be used in a maruti 800.
Also if possible send me the list of their distributors in kerala...
Thanks
Hey i didnt get any of questions answered following the above thread.....Sorry
Old 15th December 2005, 15:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Well Viper got it for his Getz along with teh cable change and he says it did increase his car's pref.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2005, 12:02   #5
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Well Viper got it for his Getz along with teh cable change and he says it did increase his car's pref.
but plz plz tell me where can i get it kerala,more specifially kollam
Old 15th May 2009, 11:21   #6
BHPian

ok, the thread is 4 years old, but still an update from me.

I just got bosch 4 , installed in my corsa now. And I can say that car runs a bit smoother now. Its not just in my head, my mechanic and an un-suspecting friend felt it too.

I did not know where to get from and for what price, instead ordered one through ebay..

eBay India: Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs Vauxhall Corsa All Models B,C (item 160332416334 end time 04-May-2009 12:30:30 IST)
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 17:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

when ever you put a new plug there is going to a feeling of increase in performance or smoothness. wheather it the standard replacement or super 4 or super 6, there is going to be only one dpark at a time.
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 19:05   #8
BHPian

hi pratheesh,
well i would say stick to what your maruti manual or A.S.S. has suggested unless you have performance tweaked your engine.
th manufacturer thinks the best suitable product for his car. so just go in for a set of new plugs as per the manual and you will feel the difference.
the maximum you can do is put a nice engine oil and flush out the old oil. and also depending on your mileage do a injector cleaning . it will make your car ultra smooth
mdesai_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 20:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
when ever you put a new plug there is going to a feeling of increase in performance or smoothness. wheather it the standard replacement or super 4 or super 6, there is going to be only one dpark at a time.
Also, in some cars they can be actually detrimental. The extra electrodes are said to inhibit the growth of the flame core. The change in position of the spark wrt to the cylinder design can also have detrimental effects.

Last edited by Raccoon : 15th May 2009 at 20:21.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 20:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Hi , in the UK, For my Vectra and Corsa that I owned, the OEM spark plugs were multi electrode. GM Multielectrode plugs are used by Vauxhall/Opel dealerships during service ! Its strange though , how in one country the manufacturer reccomends multi electrode plugs and in some they dont !

Also, I am sure they might have some benefits (other than longer lasting )I just dont know what. lol Also, a lot of opinions we hear from friends, mechanics, forums, websites are heresays, not result of any research !
Old 15th May 2009, 20:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

^^^If multi electrode plugs are used by the manufacturer, then only those should be used.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 20:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
My car had been to A.S.S 4 days ago. They had replaced the spark plugs then with their stock single electrode plugs.
So the spark plugs that I replaced were brand new and I still felt the difference aftre putting the Super 4 !

I am doing modifications to my car in intervals. So, I can check if there are actually any improvements , for eg

1. 3 weeks ago, I removed the Cat
2. 2 Weeks ago I changed oil ( Castrol Magnetec ) and filter
3. Last week K&N replacement filter
4. Today, the spark plugs
lol

When you do the modifications at one go, its hard to say ,whats contributing to the improved performance. So far so good.
Also, I disagree with people who randomly claim 8-10% gain for this...3-4% gain for that and things like that. Without a Dyno/Roller its hard to say whats the gain and also, nobody speaks about the TRANSMISSION LOSS , while talking about BHP (and also the decrease in BHP as the car ages..)

Last edited by vdiatech : 15th May 2009 at 21:04.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:01   #13
BHPian

did you guys read in Times of India , today, about a lakh, fake bosch spark plugs seized by chennai customs. coming from china, with made in india tag !

scary ! I only wish, all the manufacturers start direct selling, could minimize such things.

Imagine paying in thousands only for fake things !
Old 24th June 2009, 22:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheesh View Post
Any good new plug adjusted to the recommended gap will make the car perform smoother - don't waste money on all premium stuff
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 23:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

I got Bosch spark plugs from the Bosch outlet near JC road opp petrol pump for my zen last year. Never felt any difference.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote