Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th May 2014, 06:49   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - A/c issues

Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
My friend has a Chevrolet Cruze which has an unusual problem with the A/c. If water splashes on to the underside, the A/c sensor malfunctions and shows -40deg (minus 40!) on the top right instrument panel.

This makes the A/c switch to hot air and this becomes unbearable.
Suddenly facing this exact -40C problem in my nearly 3 year Cruze. It had rained hard that day as well. However the issue went away this morning but will definitely request that the sensor be changed under warranty.

Anything else I should ask them to check?
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 10:45   #17

The temp sensor is in LHS fog light casing. Pls get it checked, it might be a loose connection or a faulty sensor.
Iknowthisguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 20:53   #18

@ Discoverwild

Can you share what the resolution to the a/c problem on the Cruze was. I ran into the exact same thing just today. (grrr...)
riderinthestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 00:16   #19

My Cruze LTZ AT is a December 2010 model, and I have recently crossed the 50,000km mark.

For the last couple of months, sometimes the AC is producing an unusual sound - it sounds similar to an old refrigerator. The car also vibrates a lot more during when this happens, I can feel it clearly on the steering. Initially this happened rarely, each time only for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, but the frequency has increased in the last two weeks or so. Today it happened about 5 times (my total running was about 70km today), and towards the end more frequently, for longer periods.

Any idea that this could be an indication of something coming?
deb_majumdar is offline   Reply With Quote