Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th August 2017, 00:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Beat diesel new battery draining overnight

I have a 2011 beat diesel with a brand new Amaron battery. Last week the battery was suddenly drained. Got it recharged, it was drained again in 24 hours. Got it checked by Amaron who tested the battery for 2 days and said there was some parasitic charge that was draining the battery.

Got the car checked at Bosch Service centre, Kharadi. He saw that the test lamp was fluttering when battery was disconnected. But after testing for a day, he said he couldn't find any such charge, and the battery didn't drain overnight. He asked me to use the car normally, but it is generally a huge hassle in the battery gets discharged.

I am at my wits end here. I am using the car by removing the negative terminal every day. I have an upcoming trip planned in a few days and getting the car to Chevrolet is very hard before that trip.

1. Any suggestion in this case?
2. Any good car electrician in Pune who can hunt down this parasitic charge, if at all present?
ani_meher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 11:09   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Beat diesel new battery draining overnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Any good car electrician in Pune who can hunt down this parasitic charge, if at all present?
These are always the most annoying to solve and require a patient + expert mechanic. Why don't you try out this garage (Service Center - Tune Up Plus (Baner, Pune))? Has good reviews from BHPians.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote