Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 21st December 2016, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Help needed : Toyota Corolla 2004 Random Startup problem

Reviving an old thread! Coincidentally it is the month of December for me to post regarding a similar problem with my Toyota Corolla!

My Toyota Corolla recently had a fuel pump issue. Replaced the filter assembly, the motor and the regular valve and the problem was solved. The car worked just fine when the work was done at the Toyota Service Center.

Now my car has another problem. Once the key is turned over, I hear a humming sound followed by the crank and eventually the engine starts.
The funny part is that this happens only when I attempt to start the car for the first time everyday.
I have tried starting the car in the mornings, afternoons and late evenings and its the same. The first time I try, it makes a humming sound before the car starts and does not happen again when I turn off the engine and try again.

The battery terminals and the battery voltage has been checked. I believe it is the starter. Some say that the starter needs a service. Some say that the carbon brushes need to change. Has anybody faced a similar problem with their car?

Thanks in advance!

DM99
dhawalmakwana99 is offline   Reply With Quote