Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd February 2016, 14:47   #301
BHPian

Strange, but expected in Indian conditions. Customer satisfaction blows away in wind. I think they are just buying time.
prithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 18:42   #302

Default Re: Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Check with Anil of HotTracks. His other setup in Indiranagar BDA complex (next to bus depot) has 3M service. You can also check with Sundaram Motors at Kasturba Road. They also have 3M service.

Cost would be around 4500/-.
Based on what I have seen, KUV does not come with any anti corrosion coating for the underbelly. Having said that, the coating provided should be good enough for everyday condition (Unless you scrape it). If you are staying in a place where it rains a lot and you have to deal with standing water on the road, you could opt for a under body coating.

you can also refer to the below link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ating-car.html (Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car)
vasanthsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 08:57   #303
BHPian

Hi guys,

I got a Wagon R 2008, purchased second hand last year, planning to do under chassis coating, which comes around 3K with 3 years warranty.

Should I do it now or after monsoons.

Thanks,
dsnaveen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 09:37   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi guys,

I got a Wagon R 2008, purchased second hand last year, planning to do under chassis coating, which comes around 3K with 3 years warranty.

Should I do it now or after monsoons.

Thanks,
Are you doing the 3M one? Per 3M, it takes 2-3 weeks for the coating to dry out completely. So I think you should do it post monsoon.
timuseravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 10:09   #305
BHPian

I have checked with
a. Mangesh Kalzunkar Max Shine, Thane 3K INR 3 years warranty
b. 3M,Thane 3.4K INR with 5 years warranty.

Mangesh tells me it will take 4 to 5 hours to dry out, 3M will do it 2 hours.

Every day it rains in Thane, and I don't have cover parking.

Thanks,
dsnaveen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 14:51   #306
BHPian

Question Re: Underbody treatment / Anti-rust coating for the car

Have gone through all the posts here and am much confused.
Will my Maruti Celerio require this in Bangalore considering that my daily dose of off-roading is 2.5 Kms (nonexistent roads in my route) During rainy spells, I just donít get the chance for underbody wash. Whatever the decision, would it make sense to apply to a brand new car that it is now.
1. For underbody coating, what are the inclusions / exclusions. Any part of door joints etc covered? 3M offers silencer coating separately. The worry is whether we suffer more damage without using or by using these products.

2. Are M.A.S.S capable of doing this or do they just outsource? Pratham Motors, Bellandur M.A.S.S are offering 10 years warranty for Rs. 3,750/- It is not 3M and at the moment I didnít ask further details. How can there be a 10 years warranty for such a subjective product?

3. Is there need to recoat / touch up periodically? Older posts talk about this, not sure of latest.
3M says their coating is chip resistant, older posts talk about occurrence of chipping and touch up every 6 months. 3M link: http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/O.../Car-Underbody 3M Coat applied with Body Schutz gold gun (5 year Warranty) or Undershield gun( 2 year warranty. Whatís the difference between the two)

4. What is covered/ not covered in warranty? Not much clarity on this. If anybody have recently got their brand new cars underbody coated from 3M kindly help.
gearedup is offline   Reply With Quote