Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 15:57   #46
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Finally got it fixed in my neighborhood. Rs 4,500 /- in all for both sides.
upspeed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 16:59   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,630
Thanked: 328 Times
Question Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upspeed View Post
Finally got it fixed in my neighborhood. Rs 4,500 /- in all for both sides.
some more details please...fixed, as in, replaced with new parts or existing parts serviced ?
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 17:39   #48
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,732
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upspeed View Post
Finally got it fixed in my neighborhood. Rs 4,500 /- in all for both sides.
Hi upspeed,

Can you share more details? I have a Santro with 80k kms on the odo and I am having the same problem and would like to take care of it at the earliest.

Please PM me with more info.

Thanks,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:24   #49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Hi upspeed,

Can you share more details? I have a Santro with 80k kms on the odo and I am having the same problem and would like to take care of it at the earliest.

Please PM me with more info.

Thanks,
gpa
There is a small garage called Raj Motors near BTM Water Tank. Contact Raju 98450-24219. He mentioned that there is some workshop in Bommanahalli that fixes these drive shafts.
upspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 20:27   #50
BHPian
 
amitwadhwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upspeed View Post
There is a small garage called Raj Motors near BTM Water Tank. Contact Raju 98450-24219. He mentioned that there is some workshop in Bommanahalli that fixes these drive shafts.
I have the same problem with my Santro AT - 2003 model, and I got a quote from Hyundai for 24k today. I asked him to leave it alone for now.

Also, I just spoke to Raju, and he has quoted me a price of Rs. 4500 for the automatic drive shaft (MGP brand) including labour, and a 6 month guarantee. I asked him if it is a repaired/refurbished one, he insists it is new. He also said he replaced it for someone called Santosh last year - is that you ?

Could you possibly PM me your phone number so I can speak to you ?
amitwadhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 14:30   #51
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,461
Thanked: 6,719 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

The jinx continues, wife was complaining about the kat kat sound and i managed to find a source who could get me OE part at about 11.2k. I assumed it would be the Right side one, which i had replaced with a second hand one that is gone kapput again. Just to confirm i took a drive now and it seems its the new left one that was replaced by Samurai that is making sound!

No visible cuts or leaks on the boots on either sides. So will take it to Hyundai coming week and get a confirmation on which side is bust. I have the spare one for Left from the second hand set i had procured anyways.

But the most shocking bit is car has done hardly done 7000 kms after the new drive shaft by Samurai!!
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 16:42   #52
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 818
Thanked: 1,647 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The jinx continues, wife was complaining about the kat kat sound and i managed to find a source who could get me OE part at about 11.2k. I assumed it would be the Right side one, which i had replaced with a second hand one that is gone kapput again. Just to confirm i took a drive now and it seems its the new left one that was replaced by Samurai that is making sound!

No visible cuts or leaks on the boots on either sides. So will take it to Hyundai coming week and get a confirmation on which side is bust. I have the spare one for Left from the second hand set i had procured anyways.

But the most shocking bit is car has done hardly done 7000 kms after the new drive shaft by Samurai!!
Bust wheel bearings also have a tendency to make a sound similar to that of bust cv joints - the sound would be higher while turning to one side too. Since you say your boots are ok, it would make sense to check the wheel bearings and see if they are ok before checking out the drive shafts.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 11:38   #53
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Daylight robbery by Hyundai: Santro drive axle costs 22.5K!!!

My reconditioned driveshafts lasted me over four years. Just called Advaith Hyundai to check the price of the driveshafts now. I was hoping that they would have dropped prices. To my surprise they said Rs 27,000 each!!!
upspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Tucson - 138,000 kms done and front left axle replaced anandpadhye Long-Term Ownership Reviews 435 16th May 2017 12:59
Exorbitant labour costs- Daylight robbery at DD Motors, Mayapuri JustCause Indian Car Dealerships 18 10th June 2011 18:09
Shocking murder of Tamilnadu cop in broad daylight with two ministers watching JayPrashanth Shifting gears 46 11th January 2010 23:43
My indica stolen in broad daylight: What can I do ? hondadude Street Experiences 47 9th May 2008 13:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks