Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th February 2011, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift VDI Unique Starting Problem - Experts' advice sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
As far as road side assistance is concerned, why not try the Maruti Suzuki roadside assistance itself? They have their number mentioned on the sticker on the front glass. Happened with my car about 3 years back and they promptly got to help me in the middle of the night.

As for your problem, even i feel it could be related to an Air pocket in fuel line.

Would flushing the entire fuel out and re-fuelling again, solve this kind of problem? Experts, please advice.
+1 to that. I was also wondering why not Maruti assistance...

Just out of curiosity AKB - on that "faitful night" did you ever take out the key out from the lock-ignition? If you didn't - I feel there was a problem with the immobiliser authentication.
Argh! but then the immobiliser "car lock" icon would be blinking on the console yeah? I assume it wasnt?
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:43   #17
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Just out of curiosity AKB - on that "faitful night" did you ever take out the key out from the lock-ignition? If you didn't - I feel there was a problem with the immobiliser authentication.
Argh! but then the immobiliser "car lock" icon would be blinking on the console yeah? I assume it wasnt?
Reinhard,

I did not take the key out of the ignition. The engine was switched off but fog lamps were still on and key was where it was.

However, its been nearly 6 weeks now and no signs of recurrence.

Hopefully it remains this way

~Amit
AKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 16:29   #18
BHPian

I too had the same issue. The fault was with the starter and they have replaced that, ofcourse for a cost of close to 6k and was working fine. But of late, Ive been experiencing the RPM needle suddenly going low as if the car is going to cough up and then comes back to normal when the engine is idle. Surprising !!!
gopu.g is offline   Reply With Quote