Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 6th January 2006, 16:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

So guys, spoke to the dealer today. He said only the ECU malfunctioned and all the other things are fine. So they said they would only have to replace the ECU. So they said i'll most prob get my car back today...lemme go to their place and then see whats the news
Old 6th January 2006, 16:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
So guys, spoke to the dealer today. He said only the ECU malfunctioned and all the other things are fine. So they said they would only have to replace the ECU. So they said i'll most prob get my car back today...lemme go to their place and then see whats the news
Why on earth did they remove the engine then ?
Old 6th January 2006, 16:33   #63
Team-BHP Support

And how can bad fuel make ECU bad? ECU is just a regulating chip, unless you have an electrical surge or an accident ECU faliure should not happen! Fight for the warranty, tell them to give it in writing that Bad fuel was the cause of ECU faliure. Also file a complaint with skoda india about misguidance
Old 6th January 2006, 16:50   #64
Team-BHP Support

An ECU problem? And they couldn't pick this up on the scanner. Instead they pull the entire engine out of the car and dismantle it! The problem is, once an engine is taken out, its hard to get back that "factory feel" again. And specially seeing the competence of these monkeys (mechanics they are definetly not!), I really pity the state of your car once you get it back.

I would haul these guys up and bring this to the attention of Skoda. Atleast make sure they now give you an extended warranty for FREE if nothing else.

If this is the training they give to their authorised dealers, they need to shut shop and get out of India!
Old 6th January 2006, 18:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

I agree with what rtech has written.

If these monkeys could not determine an ECU problem without pulling the engine out the car I would have serious concerns about their ability to put the engine back into the car. I would also never take my car back to their garage.

Please do ask them for a full written report.
Old 6th January 2006, 19:00   #66
Max
BHPian

i third on rtech. take this matter with skoda india. freaking around with 10 lakhs car aint joke !
Old 6th January 2006, 20:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All in black and white. Proves all the more that those morons out there do not know a thing. Not even the basics of what they need to do and what not.
Quote:
If this is the training they give to their authorised dealers, they need to shut shop and get out of India!
I agree with what members here have said. Drag the dealership to the court. They need to be more aware of the product they are dealing with. Also, take Skoda to court. Obviously, the company has not bothered to train any of the technicians. I am pretty sure, most of the mechanics there were picked up from some roadside garage or tyre repair shop and put on the service floor straight away! It's time to teach Skoda a lesson. They can't take consumers for granted and get away with it. Speak to a good lawyer, ask them to give you a brand new car.
Old 6th January 2006, 20:43   #68
BHPian

Just met Kartik, with his car. He got an old ECU fitted for the time being. It seems the ECU is only problem thing.
Old 6th January 2006, 21:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Guys, jut got the car back today. They fitted an ECU and now the car is running fine. They asked me to get the car back to the showroom on monday to do a few more tests and prepare a report. I don't know exately how much it'll cost. Will keep u updated on that too...

Dunno what made them change so suddenly and gimme my car back. They said not to go beyond 60kmph cuz it'll affect the ECU and other electricals..
Old 6th January 2006, 21:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They said not to go beyond 60kmph cuz it'll affect the ECU and other electricals..
How is going over 60kmph going to affect the ECU and electricals? Ask them to explain and put it down in writing. I hope they haven't done a stop gap arrangement for the time being. I say, take it to another Skoda dealer even if you to drive a few hours and please involve Skoda into all this. They need to know what's going on too. I am sure they wouldn't want to lose a few customers. And I don't think you should pay anything to them. They will charge you for dismantling the engine and what not. Why should you pay for their incompetency? I just hope there is no major issue in your car in a few months time.
Old 6th January 2006, 23:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Kartik, while I understand your feelings partly, and your confusion especially, I don't see why you continue to take crap from the dealer. Obviously they know jack about your car, and they've monkeyed around with it, yet you take their word for the 60kmph garbage, without asking for it in writing?!
Old 7th January 2006, 09:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

They asked me to get the car back to their palce on Monday(9-1-06) and cuz they need to check the car all over once again just to make sure everytinz fine. They said they also had to prepare a report abt all this problem.

Offtopic: Can i get extended warranty. Normally u need to pay some money and get ur warranty extended another year rite?
Old 7th January 2006, 09:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I say, take it to another Skoda dealer even if you to drive a few hours and please involve Skoda into all this.
Same dealer for Skoda all over Kerala, if I'm not mistaken...he will end up taking it from one workshop of the dealer to another, unless he drives out to Tamil Nadu or Karnataka.
Old 14th January 2006, 16:37   #74
Max
BHPian

any updates? what happened next ?
Old 14th January 2006, 19:15   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
where anshuman, which service! I would love to get tuning done too.
visit any of the delphi authorised service station for delphi parts,all the tata ASS send the pumps to delphi for service and overhaul and the mechanics dont know how to tune the pump at all,and i would suggest you to never vist nawab motors .
Closed Thread