Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th March 2011, 18:17   #16
Default Re: Request Suggestions for my '87 Maruti Suzuki Van (Omni)

Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Hi guys,
the work finally started,yesterday i had all the four tyres changed along with brand new rims,got them balanced.We drove her to the garage where a complete brake overhaul was done.

List of parts changed:

1)Adjusters for brakes both left and right.
2)Water pump assembly 24years old.(the old one was jammed and was making noise)
3)Timing belt again 24 years old. (the belt has suzuki pro grip written all over it,the belt hasnt cracked but has becum little loose hence replaced it)
4)Couple of gaskets.
5)Changed the point.I have a couple of toyota imported points and use them only as once changed they run awesum for years unlike denso or pmp.

In all i spent 1900 for parts and 500 for labour.

Iam stuck however with one problem...The carburettors secondary pump seems not to be spraying,its suppose to spray finely however in my case it just drips,this is a orignal mikuni carb and i do not want to change it to solex.

Any idea how to rectify this,my mech tried this but to no results it either sprays a mist or just drips...i would be glad if neone could help me sort this or help me find a mikuni carb in working condition from mumbai or any where else..
I agree, Indian Solex carbs dont give a good performance on the Van, i've seen, the Van usually runs rough. But Mikuni is really a nice carb.

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The diaphragm that does the pumping for the acceleration pump has lost its elasticity - change to a new diaphragm. Get someone to dismantle the carb and service it, washing out all the channels with NC paint thinner or xylene. Fitting back everything is tricky, so get someone competent to do it for you. No need to get a new carb, this one will run for many more years.

Original Pumping diaphgram for the old mikuni carbs are not available in the market as on date.

Rest, i've replied to your PM.

Enjoy your Suzuki.........
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote